PDA

View Full Version : DSP - ID Tag Processing - Rule Based Mapping - Can Custom Tag values be used?

RLANE
05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
How (or can) Custom Tag elements be used in the Rule Based Mapping part of the Id Tag Processing DSP effect.
I have a custom tag named Composition. I want to set the Album for each track to = [Composition] - [Artist] - [Year].
I tried [Composition] - [Artist] - [Year] - Album value unchanged.
I tried using the Encoder syntax - [tag]Composition[] - [artist] - [year] - Album value unchanged.
I also tried to combine tags with both syntaxes using the Map tab on Id Tag Processing effect - Album value unchanged then too.

Spoon
05-30-2012, 04:32 AM
as a test use

IF Album=[anyvalue] set if Genre if contains a value
SET Album=[artist]

as a test, you should always see album change

RLANE
06-01-2012, 10:00 AM
I got it to work by using the Mapping tab to copy the custom [Compostion] tag to [Album], and then I use a script in the Rules tab to add the other values to the [Album] tag to get my deisred result.

Perhaps my original question/post was to lengthy and my real question was not clear. I am discovering that with this DSP module I can achieve a great many things that I have previously expressed grievances about, so getting the answer to my original question is vital.

Therefore, I'll restate the question that prompted the creation of this thread :

What syntax is required in a Rule to use a Custom tag in a Rule?

Should this work (BOLD item is a non-standard Custom tag):

IF Album=[anyvalue]
SET Ablum=[composition] - [artist] - [year]

Spoon
06-01-2012, 10:25 AM
[tag]composition[]

should work

RLANE
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
That worked. Thanks

RMJFlack
04-21-2013, 12:42 PM