PDA

View Full Version : Set ID3 fields for conversion

Kean
05-18-2012, 02:36 AM
I recently upgraded to R14.2. I am not sure this is new mis-behaviour but I could have sworn this worked in R13. When I try to convert files or use the batch converter, it does not give me the opportunity to set ID3 fields like the CD ripper does. The dialog lets me set dynamic naming using all sorts of fields - album artist, year, track no etc, but there is no way to specify that information, rendering many of those dynamic naming tags useless, and the converted files also useless (for me - I want my files properly tagged). I am trying to convert from a bunch of FLAC files to MP3. As I said I could have sworn I could do this in R13 but I could be mistaken. If not, it certainly is a big missing gap in dMC. Why provide dynamic fields for file naming if there is no way to set them?

Spoon
05-18-2012, 03:00 AM
No previous version of dBpoweramp allowed you to tag the file while converting.

Right click on a file >> Edit ID Tags to edit the tags before converting.

Kean
05-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Then please consider this a feature request. If I don't want to modify the original files I can of course go in *after* the conversion and Edit the ID tags. But if I could type in the artist, album name, year, genre etc before conversion, it should also be possible (I hope!) to do the PerfectMeta thing and get accurate track names etc to save me a lot of typing. Of course if the original files didnt have ID3 information you may need to be a bit clever about picking up the track number from the file names but in general dMC could be a lot more helpful when converting. Its a great product but this would make it even greater.