PDA

View Full Version : Record LP Tracks To Hard Drive

Unregistered
07-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Recording tracks from a LP to hard drive - I downloaded the dBPowerAm Converter along with the 2 additional downloads indicated and have the following problem: During the recorder of a track the progress bar does not move to the right, however the time of recorder does show. Only way to get out of the recording when track is finished is to hit cancel. I know the track is finished because the song plays thru my speakers while recording. Also, the tracks record with no crackles/pops, but seems to be a bit faster than original. BTW, I record using only my Radio Shack LAB-1100 turntable connected to my line-in on PC. Has built in amp and works just fine without hooking up to a stereo or stand along piece of equipment. Also, not really clear of the exact procedure to set-up for recording. The instructions are quite confusing. I have 2 friends that I suggested dBPowerAm Converter to and they too say the instructions should more clear with a clear step by step process. I realize that not many people transfer their old LPs, Cassettes, etc to their hard drive, however there are still some old guys like me with tons of LPs and like the old music from the 50s, 60s, etc. All my LPs are in mint condition with no scratches, etc. I also use a static remover spray from Radio Shack that solves most of the pops and crackles. I would just love to have a simple step by step process from start to finish. Anyone have one? Thanks, Herman

Razgo
07-28-2003, 04:06 AM
have you read through the help files auxiliary input comes with?
found where you installed dbpoweramp:
dBpowerAMP\Help\dMC\AuxiliaryInput\help.htm

or is it these help files you find is not enough?

but i guess the more people who write about "how to" the better also.

Razgo
07-28-2003, 04:09 AM
the Optimus LAB-1100 turntable i don't have but would definatley recomend it for this sought of work. well at least from what i hear it is perfect for the job and it's cheap. only AU$120.00 from dick smith electronics.