PDA

View Full Version : Atrack 3 Plus Software Encoder

ATRACK SSJ 4
07-25-2003, 05:51 AM
where download software to convert mp3 to atrac 3 plus ?

Razgo
07-25-2003, 08:05 AM
i don't think there is one.

Unregistered
10-15-2003, 06:09 AM
Hi,

Yes I have one. It comes with the new Sony CD players and is called Sonic Stage. Converts WMA and MP3 to ATRAC3 and ATRAC3+

//Tony

Unregistered
11-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Hi,

Yes I have one. It comes with the new Sony CD players and is called Sonic Stage. Converts WMA and MP3 to ATRAC3 and ATRAC3+

//Tony

i want the software that you can burn about 400 songs. do you know where i can get one.

Unregistered
01-01-2004, 03:33 AM
i want the software that you can burn about 400 songs. do you know where i can get one.

You have the software. It is Sonicstage Simple Burner. It comes with the atrac3 compatible cd players. Just have the software convert the files to Atrack3Plus 48kbps. Then you can burn 490 songs. http://www.musiclub.sonystyle.com/supportmediaitem.jsp?deviceId=188&itemId=51&x=44&y=9

that is the link for the information that you are requesting.

theannihilator

Unregistered
01-01-2004, 10:30 PM
I have the software, but i need something that will convert it in windows 98 version. The CD that it comes with doesn't support this type of windows. If anyone can help me with this, please email me at leek886@yahoo.com Thanx.
Lee

Unregistered
02-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Hi,

//Tony

Unregistered
03-15-2004, 05:43 PM

iman
06-12-2004, 11:53 PM

Taher
06-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Hello dear Users

I have Sony Sonic Stage but I have not sony disc player. So I can not play CDs that born by sonic stage.
Please help me to find a player software to play Atrac3Plus files on PC.
Please email me at tahereskandari@yahoo.com

I am waiting for your lovely answers.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Taher

Taher
06-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Email me at tahereskandari@yahoo.com

Thanks.

DeX
06-17-2004, 04:45 PM
.. i'm looking for the same blasted thing;
check this out, maybe it works:
http://winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=50864

Unregistered
06-18-2004, 08:31 PM

DeX
06-18-2004, 08:54 PM
www.sonystyle.com--> downloads--> sonicstage 2.0
it encodes mp3 to atrac3 but you can't read those files with wnithing we know about.... :(

DeX
07-03-2004, 05:20 AM
I would email you but dont have the time. Even though this post itself is a waste of time--errr--. There is no point in a software to make ATRAC3's work on your computer. MP3's, the files you CONVERT, to ATRAC3's, work on your computer. Two words to describe you. Dumb Ass!
you stupid asshole.....
atrac3+ offer the mp3 128kbps quality @ 64kbps and this means you can fit twice as much ,music on the pc with atrac3 encoding than with mp3 encoding, so imagine if this codec will be free many, many ppl will start downloading it because it deffenatly represents a major advance in encoding, much better than mp3, mp4.... you silly.... and plz don't start talking like stupid if ya don`t even know the topic very well...... go to google--> search for atrac3+ codec--> read every result (like i did ) and then come here and say that converting files to atrac3plus is useless..... :cool: stupido..

Unregistered
07-03-2004, 06:02 AM
how to convert mp3 files to atrac Does anyone Knows?

Unregistered
07-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Dex, hydrogenaudio.org's listening test would like to have a word with you... :)

At 132kbps, more than double the 64kbps you use, ATRAC3 sounds worse than all the other codecs they tested. Including Ogg Vorbis, Musepack, MP3, AAC, and even Windows Media.

http://www.rjamorim.com/test/multiformat128/presentation.html
http://www.rjamorim.com/test/multiformat128/results.html

ATRAC is an outdated and inferior compression format. Sony continue to hang onto it because it is Sony proprietary. It is not a major advance in encoding... and the encoder may be "free" but the technology isn't. Something like Vorbis (which is higher quality) is completely patent free, royalty free, license free, and open source.

DeX
07-05-2004, 01:55 AM
ok, but tell me then why does an atrac3plus @64 kbps sound so good?
got s sony player?
got quality headphones?
if you try it out you will see that the difference between mp3@128 and atrac3@64 is not noticable. If you show me any other codec that encodes better @ 64k or 48 i'll believe you...

Unregistered
07-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Email me at tahereskandari@yahoo.com

Thanks.

You are aware that the RealAudio format uses the same encoding methods as Atrac3. They are basically the same just the file extension is different. You can use RealPlayer to play/encode Atac3 files. If you really need the storage space, so have to use atrac3pro, then download the liquid audio plugin for winamp.

Unregistered
07-31-2004, 02:31 PM
I downloaded that plugin but I can't get it to come up like in the pic... I think that you have to create a passport first but I can't contact their server... upon investigating their website, they no longer offer support for liquidaudio file format so I think they dropped support for the plugin too >_< Anybody have any idea on how to get this plugin to work??

jwfan
08-03-2004, 06:32 AM
I spent a couple of hours transferring CD track to Atrac and burning a disc. But now I would like to rearrange the tracks. Does anyone know of any way to do this without me having to rescan all of my music discs? Is there a way, perhaps, of inserting the burnt disc into my computer and rearranging the files that way? I was successfull of inserting the disc into my computer, dragging all the files onthe disc to a new folder, and then burning that folder onto a new disc with it working in the CD player.

Thanks

Unregistered
08-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Your the dumb ass, as many of us only use atrac3 files and this would be handy to play back on the pc!

princess
08-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi Guys My atrac software no longer works and I need to reconvert all the atrac files(cds) to mp3. A while ago I read somewhere that dmc auxilliary input can do the job. Unfortunately I didnt save the instructions, and cant seem to find it now. Can someone plz tell me how to do it, or any other ways of doing it? Please mail me at nchantingprincess@sbcglobal.net
Thnx N Bye

ChristinaS
08-18-2004, 01:25 PM
For dMC Auxiliary Inout: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 - sorry, no emailing, you'll have to check the forum. This is why registration would be useful - you can get an automatic email when somebody responds to a thread you're tracking.

Unregistered
08-18-2004, 04:13 PM
i have the software Atrack3Plus but i am not able to play it in my pc. If anyone can help me in this matter then please mail me at shazeer2004@yahoo.co.uk
i will be very thankful to those who take time in helping me in this matter.

Princess
08-19-2004, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=ATRACK SSJ 4]where download software to convert mp3 to atrac 3 plus ?[/QUOT
Oh Lord plz dont convert ur mp3 to atrac as its a shitty software which will stop working after a while. :vmad: Besides u have to have an atrac cd player coz the computer does not play it.

Princess
08-19-2004, 03:27 PM
i have the software Atrack3Plus but i am not able to play it in my pc. If anyone can help me in this matter then please mail me at shazeer2004@yahoo.co.uk
i will be very thankful to those who take time in helping me in this matter.

Atrac will not play in ur pc. You have to have an atrac cd player......but You are aware that the RealAudio format uses the same encoding methods as Atrac3. They are basically the same just the file extension is different. You can use RealPlayer to play/encode Atac3 files. If you really need the storage space, so have to use atrac3pro, then download the liquid audio plugin for winamp.ut

Princess
08-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Anyone there who can tell me how to convert atrac to mp3 in detail plz. Christina do u read me?

Matt Jenkins
08-27-2004, 07:14 AM
i really dont know!
i have been looking aswell! u c i hav a net md player but for some reason the function to convert files to atrac 3 will not work, therefor i canot put any music on my minidisc player!
any help?ANYONE?
please email me
skipthekangaroo@hotmail.com

ChristinaS
08-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Anyone there who can tell me how to convert atrac to mp3 in detail plz. Christina do u read me?
Oops, sorry, missed this post.

Ok, those of you who know me a bit by now have noticed that I recommend using dMC Auxiliary Input a lot over searching all over the web for futile programs which may or may not do the job.

Did you just say that you cannot play ATRAC files on your pc at all, using any of the players available? Did you also say it's the same as real media but with a different extension?

In that case, did you try renaming the file to a name with extension .ra or .rm, see if it plays in real Player and if so decode it to mp3 using dMC? You'll of course need to have the real player installed for that and the decoding will take place in real time (i.e. it will take as long as the song length).

But, as I don't have any ATRAC files myself, I can but speculate on this. In fact right now I have to go back and read this whole thread and others like it and see what's been said and done, because it's one of those very tangled notions.

What I have glimpsed so far is that you can connect your Sony mini-disc player to your soundcard through the line-in jacks and then you can use dMC Auxiliary Input (select the line-in or aux for input source for recording in Volume Control first). For instructions on how to use dMC Auxiliary Input refer to http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 .

I hope this helps.

Princess
09-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Oops, sorry, missed this post.

Ok, those of you who know me a bit by now have noticed that I recommend using dMC Auxiliary Input a lot over searching all over the web for futile programs which may or may not do the job.

Did you just say that you cannot play ATRAC files on your pc at all, using any of the players available? Did you also say it's the same as real media but with a different extension?

In that case, did you try renaming the file to a name with extension .ra or .rm, see if it plays in real Player and if so decode it to mp3 using dMC? You'll of course need to have the real player installed for that and the decoding will take place in real time (i.e. it will take as long as the song length).

But, as I don't have any ATRAC files myself, I can but speculate on this. In fact right now I have to go back and read this whole thread and others like it and see what's been said and done, because it's one of those very tangled notions.

What I have glimpsed so far is that you can connect your Sony mini-disc player to your soundcard through the line-in jacks and then you can use dMC Auxiliary Input (select the line-in or aux for input source for recording in Volume Control first). For instructions on how to use dMC Auxiliary Input refer to http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362 .

I hope this helps.

Thanx Christina
Now my dbamp converter does not convert cda to mp3 which it earlier did. Tried reinstalling it too, it gives this error msg. "CODEC decompression error for 'F:\Track01.cda' Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction." Plz help.

ChristinaS
09-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanx Christina
Now my dbamp converter does not convert cda to mp3 which it earlier did. Tried reinstalling it too, it gives this error msg. "CODEC decompression error for 'F:\Track01.cda' Unable to Rip track - make sure correct Ripping method is selected and CD Drive supports digital audio extraction." Plz help.
What on earth did you do now?

So is drive F: your cd rom drive? or is it something else?

Were you trying to run dMC itself directly from cda track? That is something you do with dMC Audio CD Input, not dMC alone.

Princess
09-02-2004, 10:06 AM
What on earth did you do now?

So is drive F: your cd rom drive? or is it something else?

Were you trying to run dMC itself directly from cda track? That is something you do with dMC Audio CD Input, not dMC alone.

Hi Christina, Thanks for ur response.The drive F is my cd rom drive on laptop and i have always converted my cds to mp3s from the dbamp converter, but somehow I cant now.

xoas
09-02-2004, 10:32 AM
Can you access your cd drive through dMC Audio CD Input and convert from there?

ChristinaS
09-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi Christina, Thanks for ur response.The drive F is my cd rom drive on laptop and i have always converted my cds to mp3s from the dbamp converter, but somehow I cant now.
LOL! This should teach me to think outside of the box! I like to keep things segregated so I use dMC Audio CD Input for audio cd's and regular dMC for everythign else. But I just saw that indeed you can use dMC alone for handling teh tracks themselves.

Well, if you didn't check carefully where the output's going, you're probably trying to save the converted mp3's back to the same folder as the original which is your cd rom drive - so that wouldn't work. Change that to an actual folder on your hard drive and it should work.

ChristinaS
09-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Wait a minute! Does dMC Audio CD Input know all it has to know about your cd rom drive?

Look at dMC Audio CD Configuration - what does it say currently?

Princess
09-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Wait a minute! Does dMC Audio CD Input know all it has to know about your cd rom drive?

Look at dMC Audio CD Configuration - what does it say currently?

Ur Great Christina, the dMC Audio configuration was messed up. I wouldnt have dreamt of looking into it if it wasnt for ur suggestion.

Princess
09-03-2004, 02:26 AM
Ur Great Christina, the dMC Audio configuration was messed up. I wouldnt have dreamt of looking into it if it wasnt for ur suggestion.

Hi, You remember the very 1st time I aksed how to convert atrac to mp3 using dMC audio Cd input? The reason is, I wasnt able to burn ATRAC Cds anymore on the software which I had for Simple burner. I kept getting error msgs there too. Maybe the configuration there too could have been messed up! Plz tell me what the default config is, so that I correct it. Thanks.

ChristinaS
09-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Hi, You remember the very 1st time I aksed how to convert atrac to mp3 using dMC audio Cd input? The reason is, I wasnt able to burn ATRAC Cds anymore on the software which I had for Simple burner. I kept getting error msgs there too. Maybe the configuration there too could have been messed up! Plz tell me what the default config is, so that I correct it. Thanks.
The config for Simple Burner? I have no idea. Don't know that software at all. I use Nero & dMC CD Writer. Nero doesn't get affected by dMC's settings from what I can see.

For dMC Audio CD Input it is whatever works - what did you use last night?

Maybe NT/2000 and MMC? It depends on your own system, this is mine. You'll have to experiment and see what works.

Princess
09-03-2004, 02:58 AM
The config for Simple Burner? I have no idea. Don't know that software at all. I use Nero & dMC CD Writer. Nero doesn't get affected by dMC's settings from what I can see.

For dMC Audio CD Input it is whatever works - what did you use last night?

Maybe NT/2000 and MMC? It depends on your own system, this is mine. You'll have to experiment and see what works.

Yeh this config NT/2000 and MMC was for dmc cd input which I used last nite. There has to be something different for Atrac config, I hope someone reading this will able to help me out on this. Like u said Nero, does that burn cds in atrac format like simple burner?

Princess
09-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Hi all, can someone help me get my simple burner software working? I get this msg saying "An Error Has Occured While Creating This Image" when trying to burn Cds in Atrac.

Unregistered
10-03-2004, 10:45 PM
www.sonystyle.com--> downloads--> sonicstage 2.0
it encodes mp3 to atrac3 but you can't read those files with wnithing we know about.... :(

Unregistered
10-14-2004, 08:25 PM

Unregistered
10-22-2004, 09:10 PM

the-x-man
10-22-2004, 09:23 PM
http://www.mdcenter.nl/redirect.php?file=http://www.mdcenter.nl/download/
this is the encoder
enjoy

Unregistered
11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
I can't burn with my Sonic Stage Simple Burner anymore cos it keeps coming up with the "Sonic Stage System Information Restore Tool". It basically says it will restore any music files that were disabled by a system restore, but none have been. it says it will take 1 minute to verify the database, but you click next to proceed and it says "verifying" then "cannot connect to internet", rendering ,my SSSB useless. Any help?

Unregistered
11-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey all, I have been researching quite alot to convert the atrac 3 files to mp3 and vice versa. I have the dony walkman with the atrac playback. I'am supposed to use Sonic Stage Simple Burner, which is a terrible program as its complicated to use, and cannot code VBR to the atrac files. I have read that if you are going to burn a atrac cd its best to use nero. burn an adio cd with as many songs as you like but burn it to an image and mount the image in a virtual drive, then use sonic stage to rip the virtual dirve, but this would be very space consuming. I also read that there is an imput for winamp which can play them or that realplayer can. I havent further tried these but if anyone figures it out please email me <bren1818@gmail.com>

Unregistered
11-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Yea sony simple stage is terrible that way, uninstall it then reinstall it, or just allow it to "fix" itself.

Alec
02-08-2006, 03:33 AM
how do i download a atrack 3 plus encoder on my pc

LtData
02-08-2006, 08:11 AM
One should have came with your portable Sony player. It appears the main encoder is Sonic Stage or whatever its caled.