PDA

View Full Version : problems with new encoder

pjd
07-24-2003, 11:52 AM
I just downloaded the new mp4 encoder (as well as re-installing all of the newest dbpoweramp accessories) and I seem to be having 3 problems:

1. The encoder would run for hours and then fault. Now it seems to fault every few minutes with:
AppName: fastenc.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: fastenc.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00009c83

2. I was using file selector with it to convert mp3 files to mp4 files. It seems to create the files in the same directory structure and file names as the original mp3s except that the file names don't match the songs. The songs are actually random (the tags on the songs are correct but the filenames are incorrect). This isn't a big problem when downloaded onto the ipod because it seems to only use the tags.

3. When I try to download to the ipod it usually faults as soon as I hit the convert button. After reinstalling everything it worked for awhile but I can't seem to get it to work again.

any help would be appreciated.

Spoon
07-24-2003, 05:38 PM
It is known that fastenc can crash on certain audio samples - you could try installing the 'AACEnc' encoder (link just under mp4 codec download). If it still crashes on any sample, it is possible your CPU is overheating?

>2. I was using file selector with it to convert mp3 files to mp4 files.

You are possibly better leaving the songs as mp3, converting from mp3 to mp4 will loose quality. There is a Codec Download for the Power Pack that will [Arrange Music], that is rename it based on the tag.

3: Try converting first to mp4 then later uploading the files with Sveta Explorer (iPod icon on desktop).