PDA

View Full Version : Primera 4100

Emi
03-06-2012, 11:51 AM
I am trying to use Batch Ripper with my all new Primera 4100. Release 14 with Batch Ripper 1.4 is working with my old Bravo on another Win7 PC. But now with 4100, Release 14.2/1.5 and Win 7 I am getting the following error:

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera-kiosk\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="E" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB7EEF.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB7EF0.tmp"
Running...
Primera Looking For Drive:E
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'E', please check connection.
PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

Testing Complete

What can I try next to reinstalling, rebooting etc. (did that like 5 times already)? Btw: the Bravo is not working either on the new PC...

Emi
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
actually Bravo SE is now working after having updated the Primera drivers, but 4100 still the same error

Spoon
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Is the 4100 working with Primeras software?

Emi
03-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Yes, Primera's software is working with 4100 (actually I've got the 4102: 4100 series with 2 drives).

Spoon
03-07-2012, 05:10 AM
We have updated our drivers, redownload from the Batch Ripper main page.

Emi
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM
That does it: robot is working. But there's the next problem: I'd like to use the kiosk mode. When setting up for kiosk batch ripper is starting the robot, opening the upper tray, closing it, moving to the CD stack (no picking!), opening the upper tray, closing it, moving to the CD stack (no picking!)... and so on (forever). Result of the new driver or wrong settings?

Spoon
03-07-2012, 11:14 AM
For Non-Kiosk it is working correctly with BatchRipper?

Emi
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
- non-kiosk is working, yes
- what I saw while watching the whole process (both drives in kiosk-mode): the CD is beeing dropped from far too high for the lower tray, and unloading from the lower drive just never works (arm is going down just as it was trying to find a disc in the upper tray; once it even tried to unload 3x from the lower tray and ended up in taking 1 CD from the right and throwing it through the kiosk immediately... quite mad?
- in case it happens that a CD is beeing put into the upper tray I always get the message for 2 discs having been inserted, and the robot is pushing the CD quite roughly (as if it would like to go further down)
- to me it looks like if the robot assumes the upper as the lower tray and vice versa

Spoon
03-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Show the debug for Load on Normal and Kiosk please (in Batch Ripper Configuration).

Emi
03-07-2012, 05:38 PM
normal:

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="E" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB4E68.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB4E69.tmp"
Running...
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: Got Drive 'G'EnumDrives Robot *1: Got Drive 'F' Got Drive 'E' [Found Match]Closing CD Draw: Closed

Testing Complete

kiosk:

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera-kiosk\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="E" --logfile="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB74F3.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB74F4.tmp"
Running...
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: Got Drive 'G'EnumDrives Robot *1: Got Drive 'F' Got Drive 'E' [Found Match]Closing CD Draw: Closed

Testing Complete

Between kiosk and non-kiosk won't be really a difference. After having tested many things it's quite clear: the robot is behaving like the trays would have been exchanged (upper and lower are expected the wrong way round).

Spoon
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Your system is showing 3 drives G F E, is that correct?

Emi
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Yes: Primera 4100 with E and F, Primera Bravo SE with G (4100 is behaving the same if I disconnect Bravo SE).

Emi
03-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Do you think it's a good plan to just configure the upper and lower tray the wrong way round? If that's going to work probably your driver had to be adapted?

Spoon
03-09-2012, 04:50 AM
It is not possible, as even though it might load better, when it later comes to read the CD it is locked to the wrong drive (loader + reading a separate).

It seems to be a bug in the drivers, as the loading call, you tell it which bin it comes from but you only specify a drive, rather than a height.

The code is very similar to the non-kiosk mode.

Emi
03-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Thank you Spoon!
So are you going to adapt something or is it just as is? PTPublisher is burning, printing and even ripping perfectly. So the robot and it's driver seems to be ok... I just need to know if you are able to solve the problem or if I rather should give up with kiosk mode.

Emi
03-09-2012, 11:29 AM
That's what Primera support is telling me:
[...] If kiosk mode and non-kiosk mode is working correctly with PTPublisher and just the kiosk mode is not working with their software, then it sounds like an issue with their software possibly. I'm guessing they are using our SDK software to control the Disc Publisher. There's not really much I can do with their software if it's working through PTPublisher. [...]

And what I have to add: even in the non-kiosk mode the robot is trying to move far too much down but is being stopped by the open tray of the upper drive.

Is there an archive of old drivers for the batch ripper? I'd like to test with some different versions.

Emi
03-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I have tested some more with the non-kiosk mode. It's not working with Primera 4102:
- with the upper tray I've got the problem that it's always telling «2 discs have been inserted» or «change spindle»
- with the lower tray it works with the 1st CD and afterwards there are 2 or more disk being inserted for ejecting is not working

Emi
03-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Please give me some answer if you are going to adapt the driver or not. Meanwhile I did a complete reinstall of everything (Windows 7, Primera, batch ripper) and it's still the same: neither kiosk nor non-kiosk is working with my new Primera 4102. It's just doing crazy activities but never what's expected. There are like 6000 CDs waiting, I've bought some lookups from you and I hope I don't need to go back to my old Bravo SE. Please help!

Spoon
03-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Try moving the drive letter, ie you have:

D:
E:

Both CD drives, move the D: to G: and try ripping again.

Emi
03-12-2012, 05:11 AM
Thank you!

On my newly setup system I only have 4102 installed: it gives me drive E and F. So I changed E to G. Now the robot starts with the lower tray but the CD is being dropped from too high. Afterwards everything is like before: the upper tray opens and closes non-stop and the robot seems to expect having opened the lower tray. After having ripped the first CD in the lower tray, the robot doesn't catch the CD for it is not moving down to the lower tray.

Then I changed both drive letters: so E was now F, and F was E. There's the same effect, but it's starting non-stop with the upper drive and after like 10 attempts it is dropping a CD from far too high into the lower tray.

Then I tried changing
- E to R and F to S or
- E to U and F to T
and it's every time the same.

Emi
03-13-2012, 06:21 PM
- Are there other users with 4102? Have you ever tried this model?
- If 4102 should work I could return the device. If you've never tested I'd prefer to change it to a 4101.
- Series 4100 should work somehow for you are using the picture on your Website? Correct?
- Are you that busy or why is it I get less than just 1 hint per day?

Spoon
03-14-2012, 04:47 AM
There have been no issues with 4100 previously, as usual we are quite busy so reply when able to.

Emi
03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Dear Spoon

Thank you for all your help. I finally succeeded. While exploring your code I played around with PTRobot and found out that the drives were configured the wrong way.

The workaround is the following: PTPublisher doesn't have any influence to the configuration for PTRobot. After having reset the drives from within the SDK config utility the only way to configure PTRobot is to open PTRobot afterwards and selecting the drive's position in it's startup config wizard.

Now everything is working like a charm with 4102. After like 300 or 400 CDs being ripped sometimes the drives become unavailable again. So I have to reset again with die SDK utility, configure from within PTRobot and afterwards it's running again. So the most important message is not to configure the drives within PTPublisher.

Spoon
03-21-2012, 10:31 AM
>SDK config utility

Where is this SDK Config utility, I do not think I have seen it.

Emi
03-24-2012, 07:08 AM
http://www.primera.com/developer/supportdeveloper.html
Sorry for being unclear: it's the calibration utility. For the reset I used the PTBurn calibration utility. Afterwards the wizard is starting when opening PTRobot.