PDA

View Full Version : Lame Encoder Options

Mazza
07-20-2003, 08:29 AM
I want to encode a wav file to Mp3 using the Lame Encoder and an average bit rate. How do I specify the average bit rate? When I select the ABR radio button two sliders appear on the bit rate bar... to set a minimum bit rate and a maximum bit rate. Is it the case that the ABR would be midway between the two? Or is it more complex than that?

Is it possible to enter the ABR I want to end up with and let the codec decide the minimum and maximum bit rates to use? :confused:

Spoon
07-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Get the latest dMC Beta from 'Beta' on this forum, it will work correctly.

Mazza
07-22-2003, 03:43 PM
What a brilliant answer! Mr Spoon you are a god v10beta7 is the dogs bollox... the best audio utility ever. For speed of operation configurability and sound quality there's none better!!

Just need Apple to bring out a firmware update to allow my old style Windows ipod to play mp4's now. As soon as they do I'll be ditching Musicmatch in the sewer where it belongs.

To anyone reading this post.. hope I'm not coming across as too much of a fanboy. However if you like your music you'll find dmc is even more useful than a free of charge 24 hr Pizza delivery service.

Spoon
07-22-2003, 06:55 PM
>Just need Apple to bring out a firmware update to allow my old style Windows ipod to play mp4's now.

I updated mine with the 3rd party program (it has been used by LOTS of people so is safe):

Winnie pod updater:

http://www.the-midfield.com/ipod.aspx