PDA

View Full Version : dapkeycontroll.dll

prisca
07-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Hi Spoon

Long time user of dbpoweramp, powerpack and now cdwriter and player. Love the programs, but I have a small, irritating problem :sad:

Having just installed Outpost Pro firewall, it checks components and is constantly popping up to tell me that dapkeycontroll.dll has changed. It doesn't matter what program is trying to get online, whether it's IEexploder, Outlook Express, my virus updates or whatever. This is getting to be annoying. Even Windows Explorer, which I don't allow to access the outside world, is trying to get into the act.

I don't understand why this dll is trying to link itself to so many other programs. I can't even delete it and renaming it doesn't stop the problem. Please could you tell my what this thing does and why it wants to control every program I run, and more to the point, why my firewall keeps telling me it's changed since the last time it checked it.

Apart from that, I can't find a thing I don't like about the suite of programs :happy:

Prisca

Spoon
07-07-2003, 05:53 PM
I don't know! :) it should only be used by dAP - it is run by dAP to track keyboard events. It shouldn't access the internet. If you want mess with it restart the computer holding the left shift key and dAP will not start, you can delete the file if required.

prisca
07-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks Spoon

Have deleted file and everything seems to be working ok and my firewall hasn't burbed once :thumbup:

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Cheers
Prisca