PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP Music Converter R9 Beta 3

Spoon
05-12-2002, 12:32 PM
The next installment, this one has a few changes to Audio CD Input - Rip as one gets Frame From and To boxes, a few fixes, Audio CD Input gets the 'output to folder'on its option page, File creation remembers the last 10 settings.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-r9-beta3.exe

1.4MB

For details on Professional Frequency Conversion built into dMC read here (older Beta 2 msg):

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?threadid=144

Complete changes:

Audio CD Input - Send a (WM_USER + 101) message to Audio CD Input it starts ripping
Audio CD Input - Options Menu gets a new 'Character Replacement' option window - now possible to set the characters that are replaced and with what (certain characters such as * / cannot be used in filenames)
Audio CD Input - Added Track right click menu pictures
Audio CD Input - Power Pack Option - Compilation button gets a menu for multidisc albums - so can set a track offset number like 10..11..12
Audio CD Input - Option to output to folder is also on CD Input page, this has fixed a bug where installed on a fresh machine and never ripped with options, it would try to output to 'Same as Original', ie an Audio CD.
Audio CD Input - Option on 'Rip as One' to set From and To Frames - for finer control
Audio CD Input - File Creation page - Remembers the last 10 entries for quick selection

CDA Input Codec - Supplies more info for popup info tip, now more compatible with dAP

Codecs - Added 'Professional Frequency Conversion' option to dMCs Configuration page, the following codecs are compatible with this option - Wave, mp3 (Lame), Ogg Vorbis, WMA v8

dMC Config - for Mp3 - Added option to create V1 and v2 id tag files

mp3 Lame - uses Latest Lame 3.92

bug fix - when ripping from a CD, it makes sure that delete source files is not checked.
bug fix - If using 'Auto Rip' - now will not show the options page - will just convert
bug fix - If using 'Auto Rip' and 'No freedb Messages' and the Disc is not found in freedb the disc is now auto ripped
bug fix - Audio CD Input would incorrectly switch of NT Built-in CD Communication method if ASPI was not installed
bug fix - Well sort of, reworded the warning about 'DSP Effects in use' when using Aux Input, to mention 'Volume Normalize'

Razgo
05-14-2002, 07:46 PM
thanks for the new featurs Spoon.

I have been testing out the new rip as one feature and I needed a calculator :D to see what was going on.

it certainly is fine tuning :D

these are the figures I worked out.

1 frame being .013 sec apprx

4500 frames = 1 minutes
9500 frames = 2 minutes

etc etc...

because I work with 1:30 sec samples, wherever I choose to start a sample I simply the just add 6750 frames in the "to" box which will always total 1:30 sec playing time.

example: if i was starting my rip at 11500 frames i would add 6750 which would make the "to" box 18250, giving me the 1:30 sec sample.

this in combination with the fade in and fade out whilst ripping is working well.

Spoon
05-15-2002, 02:51 AM
It would have been quite difficult to even do it by Minutes and seconds, anyway down at the bottom it tells you the exact start and end times in M:ss.

DarkLight
05-30-2002, 03:36 AM
Hi Spoon, I know most people rip with stereo, but had you noticed the difference between the mono and stereo settings when a rip is done? The amplitude of the mono output file goes beyond its range yet the stereo is safely within the boundaries.

Spoon
06-01-2002, 04:14 AM
There was discussion of this before for the new Frequency conversion, I shall have to make a slight addition because microsoft just seem to add the stereo components together...

Unregistered
06-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Which newest built version of LAME 3.92 is using this beta 3 ?
Can U also give the release Date when possible ?

THX ARcane

Spoon
06-06-2002, 03:40 PM
I didn't make a note of it, just before full release of dMC r9 (in 3 weeks) I will reget it and note it in the versions file.