PDA

View Full Version : Show Till You Drop

Spoon
05-12-2002, 12:18 PM
Just as soon as we return from our summer holidays, Lana will be opening up a Mp3 Player shop, initially selling to the UK only.

Razgo
06-05-2002, 02:29 AM
this sounds like a good business venture. how is it going? all set up yet?

totalXSive
06-05-2002, 06:27 AM
If she needs some Search Engine promotion, I can use my mystical ways to get some good Google rankings :)

Spoon
06-05-2002, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the offer :)

I think it will take about 2 weeks to set it up.

Spoon
06-12-2002, 12:47 PM
It is getting close to completion:

www.portablemp3s.co.uk

Everything is done and correct (including the low prices!), except none of the purchase buttons do anything. Let me know what you think.

totalXSive
06-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Looks really good - if my Yepp player gives up the ghost, I'll consider visiting :)

I assume you're setting up your own online store rather than using affiliate links, right?

Spoon
06-12-2002, 05:20 PM
Initially I will use the same purchasing system as the Power Pack, later I will think about CC Merchant status.

MODatic
06-18-2002, 05:15 AM
Where's your page gone Spoon? I go to the link (been there previously) above and it looks like to me that someone else is running the site. All I get is "I'm sorry, ATC Studio Group's Web Site is currently under construction" at the top of the page, so unless you changed your name & email address...

totalXSive
06-18-2002, 06:30 AM
Looks like a hack job to me. D4rn hax0rs.

Razgo
06-18-2002, 07:27 AM
your right you know, it does look like hack takeover.

but why? doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for it?

they got something against mp3 players?

Spoon
06-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Not hacked, here is the story.

I was getting real close to finishing, all that was needed was the Secure Server switching on. For this you need a certificate and a fixed IP address, I was given an IP address - then suddenly portablemp3s.co.uk vanished, it points to the right IP address, but from what I can tell it is a problem at my web hosting company. This other site, that now shows is also at my web hosting...

The hacking, well I saw this page the other night, since then it has been hacked!, nothing to do with me or any of my sites this is the other guys site.

I have informed my hosters, hopefully they will point it at my server, sometime soon.

daren
06-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Great site, a little limited in the product range, tho'.

I also missed "extra memory" in the accessories section.

Hope the new venture goes well!

All the best,
Daren.

Spoon
06-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Good point darren, I have added extra memory. The choice is limited, it takes time to open channels to maufacturers.

I have requested a new IP address, got one and the site is now working (might take a few hours for the new ip address to filter through the internet).

The Shop should be fully open by the weekend, I just have to add a unique SSL certificate.

Spoon
06-22-2002, 06:02 AM
I am proud to announce that the Shop is now open for business - www.portablemp3s.co.uk