PDA

View Full Version : forum testers

Razgo
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
I have been trying to work out how vbulletin user rank system works. i think i have almost figured it out.

can someone going to their user profile and select "usergroup" then go and join the public group called "powerpack supporter".

i am trying to get the rocket to show as the rank image.

xoas
07-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Done it. Now what?

Razgo
07-02-2003, 08:07 AM
lol, your penguin nearly ended with a rocket up it's clacker :D

ok, so now i know where the rank image appears. hmmm....

the forum is still in beta and a couple of bugs still exists.

when you joined the group the rocket should have appeared straight away. but instead i had to manually change your primary group from registered to the "powerpack" group.

so if you can un-join yourself now and we see if the rocket goes away.

thanks.

xoas
07-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Went to user control panel and clicked on user groups. There did not appear to be any place to unsubscribe (although there was this morning when I joined). I am sure this will be straightened out soon. I am not sure whether a rocket over the head of my avatar is cool, silly, or an unpleasant reminder of a period where people had real fears that hostile rockets might actually attack us at just about any time : )
best wishes,
bill mikkelsen

Razgo
07-03-2003, 12:59 AM
ok, rocket now gone. the idea was just a simple one. just an option for a powerpack supporter to be noted as such if they wished too.

Razgo
08-04-2003, 11:37 PM
the usergroup "powerpack supporter" can now be changed in your user control panel. in other words you will see an option to which group you want to be identified in. so if you choose the "powerpack group" it will show the rocket and title.