PDA

View Full Version : searching for playback devices

largeyo
09-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi,i have the Premium registered version, all of my folders have been scanned, but all tracks have the red cross shown and when i try to find my UPnP device, it just hangs and cannot find it, the device[Consonance DL-7] has Asset shown under devices found and shows all of my music on its screen, i can play files from the device manually but i wish to operate it from my PC, i have checked the firewall settings, and Asset is allowed, i am running windows XP SP3, i have the PC connected to a Linksys router, the DL-7 is connected OK, as it offers UPnP or Samba share,and plays OK.please help.

Spoon
09-20-2011, 01:03 PM
It is possible that your device cannot be controlled externally, not all can.

largeyo
09-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Is there an intermediate programme to connect the two?, i have been using Foobar, but it keeps crashing especially if left unused for a few hours,so i thought that Asset would be a better option, i have asked the device manufacturer for advice.
Also when using Foobar i set it up to show "Folder structure",rather than Artist/Album, this then shows all of my music in the order that i can scroll through more easily, can this be done in Asset?
Also can the Asset player be sent to the taskbar for easy switching between email,browser and player? when its being used it cannot even be minimized or closed by using "Escape!"button.
thanks.

Spoon
09-21-2011, 04:57 AM
There are 2 Assets:

Asset UPnP - the server
Asset Control - the controller (which is in beta)

To minimize Asset Control move the mouse to top right and the minimize button appears.

If a device does not allow external control, there is nothing you can do.

largeyo
09-21-2011, 06:13 AM
OK, thanks for the info, its strange that the device does allow external control with Foobar, but not with Asset.