PDA

View Full Version : No Output To AIFF Drive

rogerdn
08-21-2011, 02:51 PM
My ripper has occasionally failed to output the AIFF file to my Mini, now it has stopped. I get 'Error: AIFF error failed to create output file'. dbPoweramp is on a Win 7 pc and the AIFF drive on a Mini running 10.6.7, both on my ethernet. Output to the FLAC drive on the pc has never failed. Any suggestions ?
Thks, Roger

Spoon
08-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Try manually copying a file from your Windows PC to the MAC, it might need the password retyping in.

rogerdn
08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Thks Spoon got it to output.

rogerdn
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Last August I asked for help restoring my AIFF output to my Mini. Your suggestion of manually coping a file worked and i had no problems for months, now it has started again for no apparent reason.

I have again manually copied a file but this time it fixed it for only the first CD; the next three had several tracks with output errors. What would be causing this and how can I fix it permanently ?

Also, I no longer get multiple choices of Meta art, just one, this started several months ago.

Thanks,

Roger

Spoon
01-07-2012, 11:49 AM
The computer is forgetting the password you are entering, if when CD Ripper shows the error and you try to copy the file manually, if it asks for the password then it has been forgotten, which should not happen, as you should be able to enter the password, select the option to remember the credentials and the log in for be valid without time limit.

rogerdn
01-07-2012, 01:12 PM
The computer is forgetting the password you are entering, if when CD Ripper shows the error and you try to copy the file manually, if it asks for the password then it has been forgotten, which should not happen, as you should be able to enter the password, select the option to remember the credentials and the log in for be valid without time limit.

I should have said I have not been asked to re enter my pw, just by coping the file the output was restored. So I assume it's not a pw issue.

Since my last post I have been able to output all tracks of several CD's, but I still have those 3 CD's where some tracks will not, about 20%. I tried several times and it's always the same tracks, the cd is new and undamaged.

Spoon
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Post the exact error message shown please, it might be something different.

rogerdn
01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Post the exact error message shown please, it might be something different.

I have it copied to clipboard but how do I paste it in this post ? I could not get Win Snipping to work.

Spoon
01-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Click copy errors to clipboard, click reply to thread, right click on message >> Paste

rogerdn
01-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Click copy errors to clipboard, click reply to thread, right click on message >> Paste

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\roger\Music\Philippe Herreweghe\Bach; Matthäus-Passion [Includes CD-ROM]\04 Ian Bostridge - St. Matthew Passion (Matthäuspassion), for soloists, double chorus & double orchestra, BWV 244 (BC D3b); Part 1. No. 4a. Da versammleten sich die Hohen.IGNORE'
FLAC: Error unable to open File 'E:\Ian BostridgeBach; Matthäus-Passion [Includes CD-ROM]St. Matthew Passion (Matthäuspassion), for soloists, double chorus & double orchestra, BWV 244 (BC D3b); Part 1. No. 4a. Da versammleten sich die Hohenpriester - 4b. Chorus. Ja nicht auf das Fes.tmp.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
Aiff: Error failed to create output file. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Spoon
01-09-2012, 04:11 AM
Put this around the naming string:

[MAXLENGTH]250,existing_naming[]