PDA

View Full Version : "Jumps" in the music after ripping.

Steen
08-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi - I'm new into ripping , but did an effort to learn it the last year. From the first day i discovered random errors in the music like it jumps some bytes. And It still does , on every single CD. I tried different compression levels , without luck. I can play the cd's straight from the same CD reader , with no problems. I rip in Flac onto a NAS HD. My system : Windows 7
Hope you can help.

Porcus
08-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi - I'm new into ripping , but did an effort to learn it the last year. From the first day i discovered random errors in the music like it jumps some bytes. And It still does , on every single CD. I tried different compression levels , without luck. I can play the cd's straight from the same CD reader , with no problems. I rip in Flac onto a NAS HD. My system : Windows 7
Hope you can help.

"Random", as in "happens different place every time you play"? In that case it is a playback issue.

Steen
08-21-2011, 08:21 AM
"Random", as in "happens different place every time you play"? In that case it is a playback issue.
I had to check the CD's again , and it's not all the CD's , like I first said. By random I mean random CD's , but the jumps are on the same tracks and places every time.

Spoon
08-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Did AccurateRip verify the tracks of that CD which creates jumps?

Steen
08-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Did AccurateRip verify the tracks of that CD which creates jumps?
Yes it does , some of them , but again it seems random, because with other tracks it dosn't.

Spoon
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Try ripping to Wave, and play then back on the same PC with Windows Media Player, if there are no jumps, then convert a wave file to FLAC and play that back on your final player, if there are jumps then there is an issue with the NAS or Player

Steen
08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Try ripping to Wave, and play then back on the same PC with Windows Media Player, if there are no jumps, then convert a wave file to FLAC and play that back on your final player, if there are jumps then there is an issue with the NAS or Player
Ok - but before I try that , maybe you have a comment to this.
There's somthing with the "After Encoding Verify Written Audio".
If I tick that and rip the same CD again , the jumps changes to different tracks.

dbfan
08-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Hat option just reads the file after ripping, it is a coincidence

Steen
08-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Hat option just reads the file after ripping, it is a coincidence
No jumps in wave , so far so good. but how, and what do I use to convert from wave to flac ?

dbfan
08-25-2011, 03:37 AM
You right click on a file and select convert to

Actually take one of the flac files which jump and convert to wave, then play the wave file in windows media player