PDA

View Full Version : Not Getting AccurateRip Data

Griff Dixcy
08-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Last spring I bought Jazz:The Smthsonian Anthology when it first came out. It ripped fine, but no AccurateRip Data was available. So, I waited a few months and tried it again last week...Still no AccurateRip. I have Reference R14 Family Pack, so all my services should be working.

I can't be the only person who has ripped "Jazz", so what might be wrong.

Spoon
08-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Try a different disc, does it work with AccurateRip?

Griff Dixcy
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Yes, at the same time I bought Bach, Sacred Masterpieces, by John Eliot Gardiner. At the time not only was there no AccurateRip data, there was no Meta data.

Both are now available for all 22 CDs. The AccurateRip data are thin (confidence 3), but all are supported.

I would have thought that "Jazz" would have been much more widly distributed than the Gardiner collection.

From what I could tell, the AccurateRip data was submitted from my rip of Jazz.

Spoon
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Perhaps you are the only person ripping that disc...

Griff Dixcy
08-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Could be, but it seems unlikely that an "off-label" compilation of all of Bach's sacred music would have had more interest than the Smithsonian's latest master work on jazz.

If I tried ripping the Smithsonian Discs on another computer, should I get AccurateRip matches from my firs rip?

Michael Sargent
08-04-2011, 09:53 AM
I can't be the only person who has ripped "Jazz", so what might be wrong.Well, I also ripped it, so there must be at least 2 of us.

But AR data is only uploaded once a month (I think when you do your first rip after 30 days, so it can be longer), so it can take a while.

Mike