PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Input Release 4

Spoon
06-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Given it a spring clean and fixed a few bug and added a few features, I would like to add nice scheduling abilities also before it goes to full release.

download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-Aux-Input.exe

1.9MB (includes dMC).

Changes:

Large Fonts compatible
Added 8 bit and [24 bit (Power pack)] recording option
Added Channel selection
Added 96Khz and 192Khz recording options (both in Power Pack)
bug fix - Record Menu >> Compression Settings were not going across into final converter

BTW does anyone know what this icon is?: :lustig3:

Razgo
06-24-2003, 09:02 PM
lol, :lustig3: i think he is rolling over with lots of laughter , or being tickled .

what does this one mean? :boese1: i bet you have hovered your mouse pointer over that one a few times before replying :cool:

um... back on topic. downloading to test now.

Unregistered
06-24-2003, 09:40 PM
just a couple of observations so far.

1. for some reason the links in that help file don't work for me. the URL's do.

2. when testing record level the volume slider pic color doesn't appear for me.

[doh! i was logged out]

Joseph
06-25-2003, 11:06 PM
hey this is a great update. I like it. Hmmmm the board has been updated to 3.0.0 Beta 3. I like the hybrid view, it's interesting.

Joseph
06-25-2003, 11:08 PM
I was installing the update for Auxiliary Input and the Help page came up while I was posting somthing. Could you make the help pop-up in a new window instead of the active one?

Razgo
06-25-2003, 11:20 PM
i think all Spoon would have to do is add, target="blank"> to the tag line. well at least that works offline anyway.

Spoon
06-26-2003, 04:15 AM
I just run IE with the command line of the file, it decides where to put it.

The volume control does not work for all sound cards, just how it is.

Razgo
06-26-2003, 05:12 AM
ah ok, i didn't know that about the volume control.

does your links in your dmc\AuxiliaryInput\help.htm work?

not the URL links, the other 3. something seems wrong with the table? not sure.

Spoon
06-26-2003, 04:05 PM
I get that as well, very odd the hrefs are right it just will not open them!

Razgo
06-26-2003, 07:13 PM
phew, i thought it was only me it was doing this.

hmmm..... yes everything does look right. oh well just one of those 8th wonder things :happy:

Unregistered
05-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Given it a spring clean and fixed a few bug and added a few features, I would like to add nice scheduling abilities also before it goes to full release.

download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-Aux-Input.exe

1.9MB (includes dMC).

Changes:

Large Fonts compatible
Added 8 bit and [24 bit (Power pack)] recording option
Added Channel selection
Added 96Khz and 192Khz recording options (both in Power Pack)
bug fix - Record Menu >> Compression Settings were not going across into final converter

BTW does anyone know what this icon is?: :lustig3:
The Icon means ROFL (rolling on the floor laghing)

Razgo
06-12-2004, 08:20 AM
any updates soon Spoon? what do you mean by "scheduling abilities" ?
thnaks.

ChristinaS
06-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I get that as well, very odd the hrefs are right it just will not open them!
That's because there's a very subtle difference in how Windows Explorer resolves links and how Internet Explorer does it.

You have

<base target="_self">

in the head of each of the .htm files. Internet Explorer understands that properly. Windows Explorer doesn't. Remove that line from each of the files help.htm, options.htm, power.options.htm and Version-Changes.htm, and both Explorers will understand the links.

Moreover it will still work perfectly on the web.

Spoon
06-12-2004, 07:23 PM
I think the help pages are sorted on mine, really this program should be released - I was waiting for dMC R11 to be ready.

Razgo
06-12-2004, 08:25 PM
yep the help pages are working for me now too.

Jim R
06-23-2004, 10:50 PM
Any plans to include pop and hiss filters? I want to rip some old LP's but I want to clean up the sound.

Spoon
07-04-2004, 08:39 AM
I have never come across any info on how to add such, it has been on the cards for a long time.

Unregistered
07-20-2004, 04:19 AM
I have somewhat specialized in LP transfer. The best system by far I have found is Wavelab in combination with 'Waves - Restoration' pack.
It is very expensive, though. But don't let that keep you...
The best player is still dbpoweramp!

Spoon
09-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Now Removed (latest Aux Input is installed with the latest dMC).

dexboy
10-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Can you please type the link, again, because that link http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-Aux-Input.exe
does NOT work. But i would want to ask, if codec for .midi extensions will ever come out?

xoas
10-22-2004, 07:20 AM
dexboy-
The link is dead because, as Spoon indicated, Auxilary Input is now included in dMC (in the current beta versions). This may be a disappointment for those who wanted only the beta Auxilary Input without going in for the current beta for Music Converter (which has much to recommend it except for having to eventually pay up to use mp3).

Best wishes,
Bill Mikkelsen

ChristinaS
10-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Can you please type the link, again, because that link http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-Aux-Input.exe
does NOT work. But i would want to ask, if codec for .midi extensions will ever come out?
I don't see a regular codec for midi simply because midi is not an audio type at all. It represents a set of functions that use your sound card's midi sound bank to reproduce sound. The audio quality of what comes out depends entirely on your midi sound bank, if you have any on your pc. This is why on some computers some midi files sound awesome and on others they sound like stuff from a kid's little cheap casio keyboard. For midi to be "converted" (though captured is the better term) to an actual audio file, you can use dMC Auxiliary Input and record the sound to wav (or any compressed format if you want) as reproduced by your sound card. The audio quality is limited by your sound card's midi capabilities.

For there to ever be a midi codec-like program it would have to come complete with an extensive soundbank so it would not rely on your midi soundbank. In fact it would have to be a midi-enabled player complete with recording facility. Sounds like a joint venture between dAP and dMC Auxiliary Input and a midi sound bank, doesn't it?

Programs such as Voyetra's Record Producer Deluxe are designed to create midi and also to create an audio mix-down from a midi file.

hydroman
10-23-2004, 04:42 PM
tried to download and got a 404 can not be found error

Razgo
10-23-2004, 05:00 PM
i am pretty sure auxiliary input is now part of dmc, download here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2261

coachrover
12-04-2004, 03:15 PM
great post