PDA

View Full Version : Fully installing full m4a codec and nero AAC codec

Z0001
06-18-2011, 12:03 AM
I am having trouble following the instructions to install the neroAAC codec. I can download the full m4a codec from the dbpoweramp site, and I have downloaded the nero zip file. But when i unzip with WinZip and select the win32 folder I cannot see how to copy the neroAACenc.exe file as your instructions require - I cannot see an edit option and right clicking the mouse does not give me a copy option.

I have not used winzip extensively so am unfamiliar with its functions.

Please can you help with a guided process?

thanks

dbfan
06-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Extract the files anywhere to your computer, then move them to the right location.

Z0001
06-18-2011, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the reply.

So when I get to the Win32 folder in WinZip do I double click and run the neroAACenc.exe file? or move this file to the folder the dbpoweramp instructions tell me to and run it from there? I did do this and did not get the same files extracted into my folder that the dbpoweramp instructions say I should get.

Many thanks for your help - apologies if this is easy stuff - I'm just getting familiar with it!

Spoon
06-18-2011, 04:49 AM
You would not run neroaacenc, it needs moving. First you have to get it out of the zip file, which is more complex for you as you have WinZip (than using the zip handler built into windows).