PDA

View Full Version : .aa files only convert partially

loldongs
06-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I used to convert my audiobooks with the old directshow filter, just takes a few clicks and I didn't experience any problems in the past.

There seems to be some kind of change with newer books though, dMC only converts the first 10-20% of the book and then tells me it's done.

I haven't been able to find a pattern yet, one time a book only plays for the two chapters, next time I try to convert it it starts in the middle of the book at a new chapter, then stops abruptly mid-sentence.

I'm curious whether this is some kind of new tactic to make .aa conversion harder, has anybody else purchased any audible books lately?

GrumpyOld
07-22-2011, 03:13 AM
I'd also appreciate knowing the answer. I'm trying to get .aa audio books from audible.co.uk to play on my Archos 605. On the Archos forum, it was suggested to use DirectShow - I've downloaded the dbpoweramp Music Converter, but can't find DirectShow, so I'm stuck...

altonparker
07-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Wish I could help.
I listen to lots of books using iPhone app. I have made mp3 files by burning virtual CD files. Its not like being able to convert the files but if you want a particular book on MP3 instead of 15 CDs, it works.

GrumpyOld
07-25-2011, 06:12 AM
iPhone isn't a problem - I've put my audio books on there OK, but I aslo want to put them on my Archos 605, and that's where the problem lies...