PDA

View Full Version : Some advice on what i need/setup

kg648
05-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi guys,

I am really interested in this software, however i need some advice I have an airport express currently using itunes and i wish to move away from itunes so i can play flacs properly instead of using half hearted third party software which does not work half the time and meaning I have to convert everything.

from dbpoweramp what software would I need to do this? as I say my streaming device would currently be the Airport Express I see there is a piece of software in the forum which would allow me to stream to the airport express but I am unable to work out what else I need. ( I also wish to control this with my ipod touch.

I assume I would need Asset upnp to share the music is this correct?

I would need to reorganise my music, would this software manage my collection/share or would I have to do this myself, could I add files into a folder as needed and then have them instantly appear in the ipod touch? ( what app could do this on my ipod touch?

Sorry if this is not very clear but I am sure someone will be able to help me out on this matter.

I also wish to be able to pop a cd into my server and it auto-rip the contents in flac format.

Spoon
05-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Asset will not serve to a Airport, only to UPnP devices.

kg648
05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi,

Would this not do the job or is it something else?

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=19645&highlight=airport

Spoon
05-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Yes it would to an extent, though it is not 100% reliable.

kg648
05-04-2011, 05:26 AM
So to use the airport addon, I would need a homeserver edition of windows installed on a machine, obviously the airport addon and asset upnp?

Spoon
05-04-2011, 05:50 AM
You can use a PC as a test bed initally, Asset runs on Windows 7 as well as WHS.