PDA

View Full Version : Batch conversion and album art

Gazilla
04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Where I am at:
I have 4,200 tracks ripped to WAV lossless. File hierarchy is Music/Artist/Album.
Within the Album folders there are JPEG files of album art.
I am playing through Sonos.

My problem:
Using Sonos, album tracks play alphabetically due to the tagging issue with WAV. I now realise WAV was a bad choice.

What I want to get to:
Same file hierarchy with CD quality reproduction and album art, with albums playing through Sonos as per play order of original CD.

What I think I need to do:
Batch convert to a format such as FLAC including album art.
I tried this with the free download of dBpoweramp but the file hierarchy came out as Music/Artist.
Am I correct in thinking I need the full version of dBpoweramp to preserve the Music/Artist/Album hierarchy?
Is there an easy way to carry across the album art that I already have or do I need to manually move across the appropriate JPEG files from the WAV folders to each new album folder under FLAC?

garym
04-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Where I am at:
I have 4,200 tracks ripped to WAV lossless. File hierarchy is Music/Artist/Album.
Within the Album folders there are JPEG files of album art.
I am playing through Sonos.

My problem:
Using Sonos, album tracks play alphabetically due to the tagging issue with WAV. I now realise WAV was a bad choice.

What I want to get to:
Same file hierarchy with CD quality reproduction and album art, with albums playing through Sonos as per play order of original CD.

What I think I need to do:
Batch convert to a format such as FLAC including album art.
I tried this with the free download of dBpoweramp but the file hierarchy came out as Music/Artist.
Am I correct in thinking I need the full version of dBpoweramp to preserve the Music/Artist/Album hierarchy?
Is there an easy way to carry across the album art that I already have or do I need to manually move across the appropriate JPEG files from the WAV folders to each new album folder under FLAC?

with the full version you can use dynamic naming to create any directory structure you want. So short answer to your first question is yes. Not sure about the art moving.

definitely recommend FLAC for your lossless storage. Sonos, Squeezebox, others deal with this just fine and it has the tagging support that is just not there in any systematic way for WAV files.

kodak!!
05-15-2011, 12:50 PM
I have a question on this topic too:

When using batch ripper I often do not get the album art when ripping
Then when i stick the same cd in the "normal" poweramp I do get the picture.
Sometimes the two names the same album in a different way.

Yes i have still got amg lookups, I downloaded the beta version 1.4 and I checked all the meta providers under the batch ripper setting.

It is always the batch ripper that doesnt get the album art.
Sometimes a different name tagging too.

An example would be

Carla Bley Steve Swallow
Go together

here the tracks are named differently, on the poweramp it the solist is named as part of the track name and the album art is found
On batch ripper I just get the track names and no album art.
Have many more examples
Thanks,

Spoon
05-16-2011, 03:34 AM
CD Ripper gets art also from GD3, unless you have a GD3 account in Batch Ripper it will not be getting the art as well as CD Ripper.

kodak!!
05-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I thought i had a GD3 account:
When i look under meta providers it has the GD3 checked off.
What else do i have to do to get the meta data/GD3 account?

kodak!!
05-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Ok i got it.
Can you please explain, why this service is included in the cd ripper but not in the batch ripper?

I wish I had just payed a school kid to rip my cds one at the time instead of spending a fortune first buying second hand robots that didnt work and then a new one...
Oh well whatever

Spoon
05-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Because GD3 never allowed us to activate it for the automated ripper. It is their data, they decide who has access and on what terms. I would have liked to have had 400 free lookups in batch ripper, but it was a no go.

kodak!!
05-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Ok, I think I have understood that idea by now..

There is still a problem though:

When I rip sets of cds with the same name, that is boxes or just tripples or doubles such as stan gets and chet baker: The stockholm concerts, 3cds
I get it all ripped to one folder in batchripper
where as the cd ripper, gives the names disc 1, disc 2 and 3
Why
And how do i change it
I have seen this problem a lot of times
The bigger the box the bigger the problem for the listener..
Thanks

Spoon
05-18-2011, 04:06 PM
There is an option in CD Ripper to add the disc number to the album name (for multi cd sets), this is on by default. In Batch ripper, there is this option, but it is disabled by default.

kodak!!
05-18-2011, 06:14 PM
I cant find that option. Where is it please?

Ok found it. Now what is setlen? How is that different from nr of total cds in the set?
Thanks,

Spoon
05-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Batch Ripper >> Metadata button >> Multi-CD Add Disc to Album

[album], Disc [discnum]

is the one you want.

outbackripper
06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi,

I'm new here. But read through the forums and can't seem to work this out.

Using Batch Ripper my CD's rip with all meta data except album art. I've only just started ripping (about 10 so far) but the "remaining count" against AMG in the meta data option screen remains at 400 after every rip.

I've tried what I think is every combination of checking / unchecking the boxes (AMG, GD3, Freedb) but nothing seems to bring in the album art. I am using reference

This should work until I hit the 400 lookups right?

Many thanks in advance.

outbackripper
06-15-2011, 01:13 PM
I found the update (1.4)

Installing batch Ripper from http://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm nstalls 1.3

dbfan
06-15-2011, 04:03 PM
R1.4 is in the beta section of this forum