PDA

View Full Version : Any Help On Naming etc

imcal
03-25-2011, 06:20 AM
First of all i must explain i have a eye condition i am blind in 1 eye and partially sighted in the other and have limited time in front of a pc monitor etc.

I purchased the latest edition of dbpoweramp - never used it before but having tested it out yesterday and tested out eac i decided this was for me.

Now with having eye issues i tend to listen to music so over the years i have built up a cd collection of 24,000+ and i want to rip them to hard drive in flac format.

I was hoping to have a naming scheme like this...

All Artists beginning with A in a folder called A then the Artist then the cd name

so

A/A-Ha/Scoundrel Days

Then Artist track Title

A-Ha - 1 - Scoundrel Days (Album Version)

I think ive sussed that bit out

but when i come to ripp a compilations

i want them to be placed in a folder call compilations

then the cd name if it`s Cd 1 or Cd 2 etc Now 11 Cd 1

Artist - Track - Title

The way i set it up worked at first with the 1 artist per cd but when it came to compilation cds i would get upto 20 different folders 1 for each artist etc so any help appreciated.

Thanks

Spoon
03-25-2011, 06:40 AM
Instead of [artist] try [album artist], but this can be blank for compilations so use:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]

Which will use album artist if there, if not will use Various Artists for a compilation, or for non-compilation just artist.