PDA

View Full Version : would you add this to complete dac?

Razgo
06-13-2003, 06:57 AM
just go to wipe the drool away first :p

http://www.press.ce.philips.com/press/20030312_cebit_420.html

Offering consumers the latest in intelligent home theater control, Philips’ new iPronto combines audio/video, home automation and home network control. The new iPronto combines hardware and software into a single, easy-to-manage device that offers consumers a new solution for controlling a wide range of devices in the connected home. This product is currently available on the US market, and will be launched in Europe in the second half of the year.

This lightweight and highly portable unit allows users to control home cinema components, lighting, security cameras, home networks, climate control and other IR/RF/Ethernet-based home applications. Users can easily control devices through the high-resolution 6.4 inch (16,26 cm) touch screen LCD, combined with a customizable user interface and exterior hard buttons.

Fully customizable to match the user’s comfort level
Specializing in media access and control, the iPronto provides users with a versatile solution to control their home cinema as well as the increasing number of electronic home automation products. The iPronto gives users the ability to configure the touch screen with the help of the iProntoEdit PC editing software. This allows the product to be completely customized to match the comfort level required by the user, giving the flexibility to control multiple windows of information with simple and instant fingertip dashboard navigation.

The system also allows users to view information about their favorite programs using the Electronic Program Guide with Media Selection, access the Internet to check news and e?mail, as well as utilize the multiple remote control functions. Thanks to wireless technology WiFi (IEEE 802.11b), iPronto is able to control devices out of their line of sight, and has an always-on Internet connection by which new features and software can be sent to the unit at customer request.

The iPronto also features other built-in components that enhance the entertainment experience. Built-in microphone and stereo speakers are foreseen, that will allow users to listen to MP3s from the Internet through future software upgrades, and make it future-proof for applications such as voice recognition and telephony. The iPronto also includes USB connectivity and a MMC/SD card slot for future applications and accessories. The iPronto is battery-powered, and includes a charger and a lithium ion battery.

Paddy
06-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Wicked :cool:

Or for those on a budget:
http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/m1.jpg

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/m1.htm

Not as good, but I guess it could be modified to control your PC :D

Paddy

Razgo
06-14-2003, 05:10 AM
wow, very nice :thumbup:

irisclara
09-07-2003, 04:26 PM
wow, very nice :thumbup:

I've heard of people using those as everything from remote car starters to Furby controllers. That's kinda creepy.

donny
09-07-2003, 06:25 PM
All of these are nice, but for now I'm keeping a really low budget system:
- IR receiver
- a program named Girder, that is ment for auto tasks, among others for remotes - now it is hucked with dAP:)
- and my Stereo system's remote controler

Usually when I just listen to music I turn on Stereo Ga Ga and that huge vis screen and I can see what's playing all across the room;)

Razgo
09-07-2003, 08:23 PM
ok i'll ask,, what's a "furby"?

RossRoy
09-07-2003, 11:48 PM
From what I seem to remember, they are little electronic furballs with giant eyes. And I think they can learn to talk or something like that, interacting with the children. Quite an ugly beast if you ask me.

I think I remember reading somewhere that they got banned from the Pentagon, the CIA and the FBI as being potential espionnage tools because of the electronics in them.

Check 'em out (http://www.furby.com/)

donny
09-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Yes, they are able to "learn". At first they talk in "furbush" and then they slowly "learn" english. I'm using quotation marks, 'cause they really were randomly picking words that were already built in them, into their memory, so no learning there.... And they do look creepish....