PDA

View Full Version : Problem with OPPO BDP-93

Dave_O
02-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I have been trying a lot of media servers, with varies success. As much of my content in in WMA Lossless, which is not supported, the player needs to transcode to WAV for a non-compressed stream.

Setting the media servers to transcode to PCM results in a PCM con displayed with the song track, but the 93 will not produce any audio.

If the media server can convert to WAV, the 93 plays great,

Asset UPnP has a very nice browsing interface (A-Z) selection. However, after browsing back and forth and playing a few songs, the browser display on the 93 stops working, and takes you back to the network source display.
Power cycling the OPPO or restarting Asset is needed to get it working again, for a while, until the problem re-occurs.

I have posted this issue to the AVS OPPO BDP-93 forum as well.

Spoon
02-08-2011, 11:33 AM
The oppo should expect LPCM, if you have the latest beta firmware.

The browsing jumping back suggests a bug on the oppo.

Dave_O
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM

Thanks, LPCM does not work on my OPPO BDP-93 with the current firmware. MP3 and WAV work well.

Are there any config options that might impact the browsing issue?

Dave_O
02-08-2011, 02:08 PM

Got this from the OPPO board

---------

However, after browsing back and forth and playing a few songs, the browser display on the 93 stops working, and takes you back to the network source display.

This is what happens when the server software has crashed. Some servers will re-start and others will need to be manually re-started. I'd look at other server solutions in hopes of finding one that doesn't crash while you're browsing. Browsing by folders is pretty standard with all the servers.

--------------------

I've set Asset as a System Service, so I'll get event logging.

Spoon
02-08-2011, 04:10 PM
If you power cycle the oppo (and do not power cycle the Asset) then Asset has not crashed.

Dave_O
02-08-2011, 06:38 PM
If you power cycle the oppo (and do not power cycle the Asset) then Asset has not crashed.

With further experimentation, neither power cycling nor restarting Asset is a reliable fix. The exact symptoms are:

Initially. clean PC boot, power OPPO on, all works well.
Navigate menu, play, exit up a level, select new, play, works well.
After a short time, while a song is playing, exiting to browser tree shows a long progress animated circle instead of the browser tree, then the OPPO returns to the root network menu, where I can select DLNA servers.

This behavior does not occur with TVersity, but I would rather use Asset if I can get past this issue.

Hope these details help.

Dave_O
02-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Further testing replicates the problem with TVersity. Looks like an OPPO issue.