PDA

View Full Version : Box Set ripping

ProperRecords
02-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Hi All,

I've had a poke around the Batch Ripping software (very impressive I must add) and it's perfect for a digitisation project I'm working on. Our label produce 4 cd box sets (currently 160 seperate titles released) so we want to setup a pc with 4 sata drives to rip each box set; 4 discs at a time and save them.

The only thing that I can't work out is we want to follow a specific saving convention - and if possible manually supply (as some of our Cd's are semi-boutique and won't always have online metadata) a name for the cd but save the ripped files as wav's using the ISRC as the file name following this path structure:

\album name\cd number\[isrc].wav

All of our discs have to have ISRC's as they get lots of air time; and we self register them so we know what to expect at the other end.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!
Toby

dbfan
02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Batch ripper does not read isrc, but I am guessing that not all those disc would have isrc encoded on them?

ProperRecords
02-04-2011, 04:21 AM
Batch ripper does not read isrc, but I am guessing that not all those disc would have isrc encoded on them?

Yes; they do - we self generate all of our own ISRC codes in house so can quite easily supply them with audio masters to our cutting plants; it's a good practice for any decent record label to do just to ensure royalties are always paid correctly.

Is there no way to get batchripper to pull them? as I managed to do it with the normal CD ripper (using the -isrc command switch)