PDA

View Full Version : Primera BravoPro Xi2 Unable to Locate Robot

tsilanskas
02-02-2011, 10:50 PM
I've been getting the "Unable to Locate Primera Robot" error and can't seem to fix it. I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled, downloaded the newest Primera Loaders (Revision 3) as that seemed to help some, and version 1.4 of Batch Ripper but still can't get the robot to work. I can PM the log file to anyone who thinks they might be able to help. I am running Windows 7 and the robot works fine with the Primera software. Thanks in advance.

tony

Spoon
02-03-2011, 04:24 AM
In the drive configuration program, try the test load and unload, this will show the log specific to loading or unloading.

tsilanskas
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Here is what the Batch Ripper Log says:

Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'H', please check connection.

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\UnLoad\UnLoad.exe" --drive="H" --logfile="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB7DB7.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB7DB8.tmp"
Running...
Primera Looking For Drive:H
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *blooper*0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'H', please check connection.
PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

Testing Complete

I also will PM you the detailed log.

Thanks,

tony

Spoon
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Is drive H the CD drive attached to the robot? (if you browse in Windows Explorer)?

tsilanskas
02-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Yes. And Drive "I" is the second drive in the robot. Drive "D" is the computers internal drive.

Spoon
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Odd the other debug log suggests the primera code is finding both the drive and the robot.

The account the programs are running in, they are set to Administrator? rather than limited user.

tsilanskas
02-03-2011, 02:41 PM
It is administrator.

tsilanskas
02-03-2011, 06:15 PM
So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything again, including the Primera drivers to no avail. Here is the newest Log File from Batch Ripper if it helps you figure out what is going wrong. From looking around other forums, it could have to do with the line : PTRobot_EnumDrives() returning (516). I'm not a programmer so have no idea if that means anything. =)

dBpoweramp Batch Ripper
Batch Name:
Batch ID: 50061
Using Profile: (default)
Batch Rip Started: 2/3/2011 18:08:00

[PID: 4876] Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Pre-Batch\Pre-Batch.exe" --drive="H" --logfile="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB8A45.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB8A47.tmp"
[PID: 4840] Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Pre-Batch\Pre-Batch.exe" --drive="I" --logfile="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB8A46.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB8A48.tmp"
[PID: 4840] Primera Looking For Drive:I
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *blooper*0: PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

[PID: 4312] Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="I" --logfile="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBBACF6.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBBACF7.tmp"
[PID: 4876] Primera Looking For Drive:H
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *blooper*0: PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

[PID: 4936] Running Loader: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="H" --logfile="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBBC087.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\dBBC088.tmp"
Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'I', please check connection.

[PID: 4312] Primera Looking For Drive:I
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *blooper*0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'I', please check connection.

Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'H', please check connection.

[PID: 4936] Primera Looking For Drive:H
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *blooper*0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'H', please check connection.

tsilanskas
02-03-2011, 10:13 PM
So here's an update as I've finally made some progress. I installed ImgBurn to see if I could get that to talk to the robot. I downloaded newer versions than yours of the Primera DLLs (1.4.4) since that's all I could find and installed them in the ImgBurn folder and set-up the Primera through ImgBurn and it worked... But no matter which way I configured the top and bottom drives, it's always reverse what it actually is. It also changes the system drive letters to match the wrong configuration. Weird. Anyway, I decided to try the Primera Configuration again to recalibrate the drives to the correct positions. That worked but as soon as I tried Batch Ripper again I got the same "Robot not Found" error. Maybe something in the way the Primera software is writing to the registry about where the drives are is an issue. So that's where I am which leads me to a bigger question:

I am on my second Primera BravoPro Xi2 as the first one had constant issues with the lower drive, (errors and insecure files). If I used the top drive it seemed to work fine. So now that I got this second one working (have no idea why the first unit worked with your drivers and the second didn't, plus I have tried the new one on two different windows machines), I am having the exact same issues with the bottom drive. The drives in this Primera are the newer Pioneer 218L drives which I know aren't the best since they changed chipsets from the older ones. Is anyone else having issues with the robot? Seems like it might be a problem with the bridgeset and the USB connection from some of the forums I've read. I really want to return the unit and get something else as I've wasted too much time trying to get this one working.

What do you recommend as a good alternative to the Primera? Also, I was thinking about just getting 4 USB CD-writers and doing it manually instead but haven't been able to find any recommendations for External CD drives on the forum since I don't have a machine that will except more than two internal drives.

Thanks again for looking into these issues for me,

tony

Spoon
02-04-2011, 05:46 AM
When the drives were swapped Batch Ripper worked? It could be a single faulty Xi2

tsilanskas
02-04-2011, 06:39 PM
It could be. I was able to use Device Manager and reset the Drives to the correct letters and all seems OK for now. Just can't use the Primera Configuration Utility to set-up the drives. Need to do it through ImgBurn and then reset the Drives to the correct letters with Device Manager and after that it works in all programs. I also noticed that Primera's newest PTRobot.dll is 1.4.7 in their driver and yours is 1.4.2. Not sure what is different but may help you track down any other problems people might be having. Still having issues with lower drive not reading well (or really at all) so I'll be returning the unit and going old school with internal drives.

dbfan
02-05-2011, 12:19 PM
You could try replacing the dbpoweramp dlls, the are shown in the pt log you had, replace with 1.4.7 and see if it improves

tsilanskas
02-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Ok. I tried replacing the DLLs and it seems now that I can use the ImgBurn or the Primera utility to set-up the drives. But still have the same issues with the bottom drive. Just a bad unit again.

Paul H
08-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I am having the same issue, but with my Primera Bravo Pro. I don't believe it is the Xi2, just pro. I've updated to the latest driver. I get the Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'H'. running on XP, Primera's software sees the drives, the function. I can even rip in Manual/stop mode on Batch ripper. would be greatto get the robot working. I have downloaded the primera driver 3.02. help...

dbfan
08-21-2012, 04:31 AM
How does it connect to your system, by usb?

Paul H
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
yes, it is connect through usb.

dbfan
08-21-2012, 03:47 PM
There is another drive letter other than h?

Paul H
08-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Yes the drives are G and H

dbfan
08-22-2012, 04:22 AM
I take it if you try to configure g it does not work either.

Paul H
08-22-2012, 12:01 PM
correct. Both are configured to primera setting. Both drives will rip if I manual load and unload. The primera duplication software can control the robots.

Spoon
08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Post the test load debug log please.

Paul H
08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'G', please check connection.

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="G" --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBBBA9D.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBBBA9E.tmp"
Running...
Primera Looking For Drive:G
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'G', please check connection.

Testing Complete

Spoon
08-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Try using Computer Management >> Storage

and set the G drive to a higher letter, such as I then try again.

Paul H
08-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Same issue with drives set to higher letters.

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="I" --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB247.tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB248.tmp"
Running...
Primera Looking For Drive:I
Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'I', please check connection.

Testing Complete