PDA

View Full Version : Not getting artwork through batch rip

soongsc
01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Using the same disk being ripped, and also with the same destination as the CD ripper, I'm having some problems.

1. Artwork does not show up when batchripped as in the help file.
But the 400 disk count goes down. In CD ripper, the artwork shows up.

2. When I rerip a disk to the same destination, I am never asked whether to overwrite the existing files like the CD ripper does. I hate to have lots of space wasted from duplicate files. What really goes on?

Spoon
01-28-2011, 09:05 AM
1. CD Ripper uses GD3 + AMG, whereas the 400 free lookups use AMG only.

2. Batch Ripper can never show the overwrite, it is designed for industrial ripping, in that discs are fed in and they are ripped, no interruptions.

soongsc
01-28-2011, 11:02 AM
So does this mean batch ripper cannot get art work from GD3? It seems to allow selection of both.

Spoon
01-28-2011, 12:25 PM
If you sign up for an account with GD3 you can get artwork from them, see the signup button in Batch Ripper.

soongsc
01-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks Spoon.
It would certainly be a blessing to novice/enthusiast users if a reference manual that could better explain all the settings.

soongsc
02-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I'd like to share some experience with batch ripping, and some questions:

First, the meta providers just don't seem to have the right album cover for really old CDs. Normally I just have to check, scan new ones, and update editing the ID tag as Spoon had explained in one of the threads.

Second, I have to check and update the track names of old CDs as well. Occasionally the names can be totally different from what's on my CD cover. The good thing is that the batch ripper shows differences between providers, so you have at least a warning. I don't know where CD ripper get's it's data. If they were wrong, then I'd be totally mixed up. So the question is, where does the CD ripper get it's data, and what is the accurracy of the track names between CD ripper vs batch ripper?

Three, I've got some albums with same names but released in different regions, thus they have different content. For some reason, the ripped files end up in the same directory. Is there a way to distinguish the different albums? Or at least give the user the option to decide whether to put files in the same directory or different one?

Spoon
02-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Batch Ripper and CD Ripper can be the same in metadata if Batch Ripper is fetching from GD3 and AMG (these are pay per lookup though in Batch Ripper).