PDA

View Full Version : XP Pro, Adaptec and db Power

Richaarrd
05-10-2002, 10:09 AM
I have a new Dell Work station with XP Pro and Adaptec EAsy CD creator that is currently working ok. I know the Adaptec software (pre-installed) is demanding and sketchy.

Question is: Can I be sure I won't have any problems with the Adaptec software performance if I install dbPower?

Spoon
05-10-2002, 10:55 AM
I don't think there will be, try it - you can always uninstall it later.

Unregistered
05-10-2002, 11:38 AM
Thanks, Spoon!

I guess what I was worried about was if installation of dbPower might replace any critical drivers, dlls, codecs etc. that would not be corrected if there were problems with Adaptec software and not be turly undone with an ininstall of dbPower.

Just paranoid, as this machine is for my son who is going to college and I want to be very careful that everyting works.

Richaarrd
05-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Ooops! I just noticed I asked that question about potention problems with Adaptec software in the wrong part of the forum. I was referring to the "Music Converter"... I assume your answer(s) still apply.

Sorry.

MODatic
05-10-2002, 10:39 PM
All codecs, drivers and dlls that dBpowerAMP uses either are installed into the dBpowerAMP folder and only affect dBpowerAMP or are already present in your windows directory even before dBowerAMP's installation.

Thread moved to DMC Support.