PDA

View Full Version : AMG commercial licensing vs. R14 registration

DMBoxer
01-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Hi,
I've read the site and related posts, but still don't understand what I get when registering R14, as I just did and installed in terms of commercial databases access/lookups included in, regarding AMG commercial licensing.
- Is AMG commercial unlimited included in the "lifetime PerfectMeta" coming with R14 or do the 400 free AMG commercial lookups still apply (I can still see the counter at 67)
- Is there anything I need to do to setup AMG commercial is it comes for free indeed in dbPowerAmp/BatchRipper ? If not how do I purchase them ?

In short, I bought R14, am mainly BatchRipping with a Sony XL1B and don't know what licensing value I've bought and how to get all set after Registration, so please help :-)

DMBoxer
01-15-2011, 07:51 AM
I was probably unclear, questions are:
- What do I exactly get included regarding AMG licensing/lookups from buying dPA R14 license (FamilyPack) ?
- What's the difference between non-commercial and commercial AMG lookups ?
- What would I need to buy more for AMG access and what do I get if I don't vs. if I do ? Retrieved meta, cover, review...
- How do I configure AMG access in dPA in both cases ? I first installed and used the trial, and now just installed the Registered R14 on top.

Happy to read through suggested links I could have missed. Found and read many, including the recent bugfix in BatchRipper 1.4 beta but still unsure how to get dPA setup at best to continue ripping my personal 1500+ audio CDs collection. I'm a non-commercial user, though happy to add a few bucks to dPA registration fee for some hundreds AMG lookups if it's required.

Spoon
01-15-2011, 09:28 AM
If you are using Batch Ripper then you only have 400 free lookups, after that it is a per disc charge.

DMBoxer
01-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks.
So if I understand correctly, using individual CD Ripper there's no limit, but for BatchRipper I need to
- go in Meta >> All Music Guide "Purchase" Options
- "Create a new account"
- Purchase Lookups
Correct ?

Still with BatchRipper questions from there:
- If I don't purchase lookups and used all the 400 lookups, AMG is switched off as a source entirely or still provides partial info ?
- GD3 is unlimited acces (R14 Registered) ?

Reading through various threads I understood AMG was essential to retrieve cover art ? I'd like to figure out what value it brings to pay AMG lookups vs. relying on just the other meta/cover providers (freedb, Musizbrains +/- GD3)

Lastly, is dbPA retrieving "AMG Review" txt files somehow, like can be seen in the wild for albums sometimes. Does the AMG api returns it at all ? If so does dPA leverage it ?

Apols the the multiple questions here, answered on a Saturday. I'm a bit stressed I would have to redo the tedious batch ripping because I missed essential config steps for best documented FLACs of my large CD collection :-)

Some kind of summary table of what each service in Perfect Meta may return and what's optional "pay" info like AMG would be great. And apparently difference between CP Ripper vs Batch Ripper for Meta retrieval/licensing.

dbfan
01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
No limits in cd ripper once you have reference.

In batch ripper you need a separate gd3 account, there are no free gd3 lookups

mhpopp
06-04-2011, 10:18 AM
If you are using Batch Ripper then you only have 400 free lookups, after that it is a per disc charge.

I mistakenly created a new account with AMG and thus lost my free 400 lookups. Can I somehow unregister again as I am a private user ?

br. Matt

Spoon
06-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Remove the user name and password (make a note of the names you are removing).

mhpopp
06-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks Spoon, this helped. Installing batchripper Beta 1.4 aditionally solved connectivity problem to AMG database. br. Matt