PDA

View Full Version : 21-day trial won't convert to the free version!

tandemlogic
01-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I don't know if it's an issue with my PC, or if I'm just missing a step. My 21-day free trial is over, but the program didn't convert to the free version. It just keeps telling me the trial is over and won't convert any more files. Help?

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the program, to no avail.

EDIT: I was able to convert FLAC to WAV, but not to MP3. Is that a feature you lose with the free version?

xoas
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes, you lose the ability to convert to mp3 (but not, I believe, to convert from mp3) with the free version. This is because there is a patent on the technology underlying the mp3 codec and the patent holder charges devevlopers such as Spoon a licensing fee for selling software with the ability to create mp3 files. For a description of the various features that the different versions provide see:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm

There is a way to turn off the message that the trial period has expired. You might check your dBpowerAMP Configuration file for this. Otherwise, perhaps someone with a better memory than mine can tell you how to do this.

Best wishes,
Bill

Naim NDX 5
01-06-2024, 11:23 AM
I am having a problem with using the 21 days trial version. I was able to rip one cd with the metadata and cd cover in wave. When I try to rip another cd I do not get the metadata and cd cover anymore. I tried loading other cd's but still no metadata or cd covers. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.