PDA

View Full Version : DMC verses EAC

skywaffle
06-05-2003, 05:14 PM
I have been a long time user of EAC and have just began testing DMC. I managed to complete the offset adjustment to configure two of my CDROMs to accurately rip CDs. The first CD I ripped was a perfect match, the second CD didn't match any of the tracks and the third CD matched 8 of 11 tracks. Is the CDROM drive most likely the reason for the discrepancies?

If I rip a CD in both DMC and EAC, should the CRCs displayed for each CD track in the DMC log be the same as the ones displayed in EAC?

Your concept for the program is very interesting and am looking forward to watching it's progression.

Spoon
06-06-2003, 04:54 PM
The CRCs do not match between EAC and dMC, I would try ripping that 2nd CD a few times more (remeber each time you rip the results go in your local database) to get a feel of what is happening. Monkeys audio is a good format to temporary rip to as it is fast at compressing and stores tags.

I know I had a Plextor drive, touted to be the most accurate - before I updated the firmware the maximum speed it could rip accurately was 8x (a 40 speed drive)!