PDA

View Full Version : symphonic music

rogerjb
01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
I was told by the corporate beings at your company to look for help here. (so much for program "support", hah!) The program does not appear capable of accurately ripping and then segregating a symphonic work that spans two discs. I end up with a jumble of tracks 1,1, 2,2, 3,3,... with no regard to the music; yes, I checked the metadata and it is correct. Any suggestions?

Spoon
01-04-2011, 03:49 AM
The discs should be labelled as :

Disc: 1/2 (first disc)
Disc: 2/2 (2nd disc)

It is then up-to the player to separate albums based on disc. If your player cannot do this, there is an option in CD ripper >> Options >> Meta & ID Tag where disc number can be added to the end of the album name.

rogerjb
01-04-2011, 08:29 AM
I've done that, and what you're telling me is that the program is no better than that hated Itunes at this task. Alas, no advantage to the use of the product. Where and how do I request the promised refund?
Thank you none-the-less

Spoon
01-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I am not saying that, what I am saying is it is up-to the player to work with disc tags, if it cannot then the ripper cannot magically fix it. What is the player?

rogerjb
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I use both Itunes and Windows media player and I tried your product because a friend told me it "was better". It may well be, but it does not solve the problem I was trying to fix. SO I have no need of it, thank you very much. I was also told that there was a 21 day "trial period" and I should like to effect my refund prior to the expiration of that time frame.

Spoon
01-05-2011, 03:42 AM
There is a 21 day trial, this is before you purchase it. As per the registration page:

All programs have a full trials, before purchasing check the program functions as required, refunds cannot be given after registered program is downloaded.

rogerjb
01-05-2011, 09:34 AM
now I know what they mean by "what a rip" (off)

koffeetalk
01-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Looks like it's too late for Roger, but my solution is to rip multiple discs as a single disc, using "track number offset" to renumber the tracks of disc two to begin where disc one left off. I don't care about the physical disc media any more, and this also helps facilitate playing the work as one continuous album.

dbpoweramp is very powerful and definitely the best ripper on the market, but you have to spend some time with it to learn what it can do. And you may need to adjust your thinking about music storage and file naming.

hopsta
01-15-2011, 01:21 PM
now I know what they mean by "what a rip" (off)
LOL. This guy is funny. There are 100's of happy customers and just because he doesn't understand something, he is saying that the software is a rip off. Joke!

jholvoet
02-09-2011, 05:15 PM
koffeetalk, I'm doing it the same way. This track number offset feature is great, now I can listen to a whole Opéra without having to change album !