PDA

View Full Version : Folder right-click menu for Batch Converter

timw0932
12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
I've enabled the folder context menu for opening Batch Converter on selected folders in Windows Explorer, and when I have multiple folders selected, I get one Batch Converter window for each folder. Is there any way to have just one Batch Converter window appear, with all the folders selected within it? I'd also be happy if it were possible for folders to be loaded directly into the regular Music Converter window instead of the Batch Converter.

ETA: Batch Converter is also improperly showing up in context menus for non-file system folders, the Recycle Bin, Control Panel items, etc, for which it can't possibly work and clutters the menu. It's easy to avoid this...

Spoon
12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
That function is designed for quick selection of a single folder, for multiple folders select one, wait for Batch Converter then select the others (within batch converter).

timw0932
12-31-2010, 02:23 PM
The thing is, I made my selection in Windows Explorer. If the context menu extension is going to appear when multiple folders are selected, that selection should define what it's going to operate on. I'd just as soon never see Batch Converter and go directly to Music Converter. The reason I don't select folders in Batch Converter directly is because I'm already using Windows Explorer in this workflow and have no need or desire to run Batch Converter, which doesn't support all the other things Windows Explorer does. The whole point of the Windows context menu extension architecture is to enable this sort of thing, but the dbpa design is irregular and surprising and gets in the way of it. Coupled with its improper appearance in context menus for non-file system folders, I'd just as soon disable it. It's a shame, because if it behaved conventionally and correctly, it would be a useful feature.