PDA

View Full Version : Setup Icon?

Theoden
05-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Excellent program!

The only question I have is hot to add an icon to the install I am creating. Currently all I see is the default Windows icon for an exe (dull blank thing that it is).

Is there a way to add an icon that will appear on the setup that I create? (And I did RTFM, but might have missed this feature).

TIA,

Theoden

Spoon
05-09-2002, 03:43 PM
How to change the icon of the Setup exe install, or to change the icon when you add to program to the start menu? If it is the latter it should be done automatically using the icon of your program, it will only show that icon when it is installed, not in the install creator.

Theoden
05-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Sorry - I knew what I meant!

How can I change the icon of the Setup.exe that I create. I have the icons on the start menu figured out - you made it too easy for me not to see it!

Spoon
05-09-2002, 04:18 PM
Ah, for that you would need a copy of Visual C++ v6, download the source code for Spoon Installer, then recompile it with the new icon. Not the easiest of tasks.

Theoden
05-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Thank you sir!

At least I know how to do it should I ever decide to. But why mess with a good thing?

totalXSive
05-20-2002, 01:11 PM
You could also try Resource Hacker from http://rpi.net.au/~ajohnson/resourcehacker/ - bear in mind that the icon must be the same size (as in file size) as the original, otherwise the installer will assume that it is corrupt and thus refuse to work.

MODatic
05-21-2002, 03:41 AM
bear in mind that the icon must be the same size (as in file size) as the original, otherwise the installer will assume that it is corrupt and thus refuse to work.

That's why you hack the icon in SpoonInstall.exe(that's what gets added to the installation file)

totalXSive
05-21-2002, 05:01 AM
That would be a better solution :).