PDA

View Full Version : volume bug in R3B3?

Razgo
06-02-2003, 07:18 AM
can someone else confirm this? at first i noticed some crackles when testing the headphones dsp effect. but with it turned off and the EQ on, i noticed more crackles in some songs. so i turned the EQ off but still notice it albeit a lot less.

Spoon
06-02-2003, 02:27 PM
Try uninstalling all the DSP effects, still have crackles?

Razgo
06-02-2003, 10:46 PM
hi Spoon, yes i uninstalled the headphone dsp. it still occurred intermitanly.

however what i did discover was that "volume boost" may not be clipping properly"? was anything touched in that area of developement?

how i know this is i ran a music file through soundforge which was set to clip at 0.00 dec or slightly above. so the track played fine without any crackles.

so i fired up MMC and adjusted the volume boost for that track slightly to the left of center and the crackle disappeared.

thus my conclusion is "volume boost" may not be set exactly at 0.00 dec when it is centered?

Razgo
06-03-2003, 08:08 AM
well i am still not convinced about this crackle issue i have. it doesn't seem as bad now, but with the EQ on the crackles to appear. it kind of sounds like that previous issue with the EQ that was fixed a while ago.

is anyone else running R3B3 and having sound issues with the EQ or otherwise apart for the headphone DSP? or is it just me?

MasterOfPuppets
06-03-2003, 08:25 PM
im fine except for the headphone dsp on some songs :thumbdown