PDA

View Full Version : Why Doesn't Batch Converter Delete Files On Occasion?

Jamil
11-29-2010, 07:42 PM
I have run into this issue not very often, but it happened again just moments ago. I am running dbpoweramp Reference 14. When I run batch converter, I use the following two DSP effects:

Delete Destination File On Error
Delete Source File

Sometimes, the source file does not get deleted with no explanation as to why. Take a look at the following screen shot below. I saw no error, but the source file remained on disk:

http://www.file-shop.com/Images/Misc/dbpoweramp_not_deleting.jpg

Why would this be happening. I manually deleted the file with no problem. The file was not inuse.

Jamil
11-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Hmm. After deleting the file, I clicked another folder in Explorer, then clicked this same folder once again. The file returned in Explorer and actually was not deleted.

Jamil
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Okay -- Figured out what the problem was. It's Windows Media Player holding a lock on the file. When I was editing this file in Sound Forge, I played it in WMP to listen to to it. When you close WMP, it appears to continue to run as a background process under Windows 7. It maintains locks on files. The solution was to end the process via Task Manager. Once I did that, the WAV file vanished under Windows Explorer.

Blame Microsoft.