PDA

View Full Version : Asset v 3.0 wheres the artwork

lyric
11-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi All,
Im new to this and have no computer skills, just a love for music. I have a Linn Ds system using kinsky desktop and pda as control points. I upgraded a few days ago to asset V 3.0 and created my first playlist on kinsky looking foward to it being a permenant benefit, as previously my playlists wouldnt recall if my router got switched on and off, the playlist would load with no artwork and wouldnt play. Linn assured me that this was addressed in V3.0 of asset. My server has a fixed ip address and is a Tranquil ava rs3 2tb media server. Unfortunately i spent hours on a playlist after the upgrade and all went well until I forgot to exit out of kinsky and my computer went into sleep mode so I restarted it and IT choose a new ip address, I loaded my kinsky and selected my playlist from earlier which it loaded and started to play, but without artwork, really strange and annoying. If I added a new song to the playlist the artwork for that choice appeared. Can you help please as Linn suggested that I post here and let you know. Also when I load an album to play an kinsky it loads it 3 times ie 1-10, 1-10, 1-10 and plays every one of them. However if I load one song at a time only one song gets added. I do not have 3 versions of the albums loaded on my server. I dont know if this is a Linn problem or if it has some connection with V 3.0:blush: Thankyou in advance for any help you can give me.

Regards

Lyric

Spoon
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
It is Kinsky Desktop which adds the multiples as it browses the subtree of the album and adds what ever it can find.

Your computer should always have the same IP address, you router should be setup to supply this, even it is restarted.

lyric
11-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Hi Spoon,
My nas does indeed have its unique ip address, so that rules out that as a reason.
You say the server looks at what is in the tree, what should the tree look like in case I have mistakenly changed it? and how do I check given my poor computer skills please.

Thankyou

Lyric

ilduro
11-13-2010, 11:30 PM
I usually browse through my numerous music files by genre and artwork, especially since I cannot always remember the name of the artist or album. I am a visual person. This used to serve me well until the v.3 upgrade, which no longer displays artwork unless I drill way down to the individual album. I now find Twonky server more suitable for my needs, even though I paid to be an Asset premium customer.

Is there any way to bring in the album art feature at higher hierarchy levels or, for that matter, to reinstall the previous version of Asset, which served me much better?

Spoon
11-14-2010, 12:02 PM
You message suggests that Asset v2 did show the art at a higher level, we have not removed any functionality so Asset v3 would be the same as Asset v2.

ilduro
11-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks, Spoon. Unfortunately that means I seem to have lost this functionality in the course of my upgrade! Now I need to find the reason. At least good to know it should be there even if I can't see it right now. Cheers!