PDA

View Full Version : Asset no longer shows in Linn Konfig

konmds
10-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I have been using Asset upnp with Windows XP and use Linn Konfig and Kinsky Desktop with this all is ok. However, I have purchased a new laptop which uses Windows 7 and Asset no longer appears in Linn Konfig or Kinsky Desktop. I have checked settings and made sure I download windows 7 version but Asset is not listed in Konfig or Kinsky and as such I am not able to use it, I have to drag and drop flac files manually into Kinsky desktop to play. The only change is that Windows 7 is being used. Is there a reason or fix and do I need to do something in order to get Asset to appear in Konfig/Kinsky so I can use it again? Thanks for any help and advice.

Spoon
10-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Asset and Kinsky are both running on the same machine?

konmds
10-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes, both on same laptop.

konmds
10-18-2010, 09:43 AM
I've tried version 3 and my Norton anti-virus removed it has it said there were to few users and it was deemed high risk.

Still no joy with version 2 which was fine on my old PC using Windows Security but not working on my new Laptop which has Norton. I wonder if this is the problem?

In the meantime am using free trial Twonky which is ok but I'd rather use Asset. Please advise.

Spoon
10-18-2010, 09:52 AM
>I've tried version 3 and my Norton anti-virus removed it has it said there were to few users and it was deemed high risk.

Really :) Norton in this instance is acting as bad as a virus would, removing programs from your system...

You can probably set Asset to an exclusion list in Norton, until enough people start using it.