PDA

View Full Version : Newbie post

Treyster
09-25-2010, 04:17 PM
I have purchased dbPoweramp R14 Reference and ripping CDs to FLAC files has never been easier.

I have an Onkyo TX-NR1007 and I have it set up to work with a Windows 7 Ultimate PC and Windows Media Player 12. This works great for .wav and .mp3. However, I have had no luck getting the flac files to stream.

First I installed madflac to get media player to play flacs on the pc. They would not play on the receiver.

Next I downloaded and installed Asset UPnP. Still no joy. Since I have uninstalled Asset UPnP and installed the beta version 3. Still no joy. Can someone offer any advice?

Spoon
09-25-2010, 04:26 PM
You will possibly have to set Asset (in advanced configuration) to stream FLAC as LPCM

Treyster
09-25-2010, 05:48 PM
I will try it. How would this work in my situation? Ex. Receiver calls for flac file, Windows Media Player streams it with Asset performing the decode?

Treyster
09-25-2010, 06:05 PM
You will possibly have to set Asset (in advanced configuration) to stream FLAC as LPCM

Unfortunately still no luck :(

Spoon
09-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Make sure you are selecting the server as Asset UPnP: [computer name] not the Windows Media Player server, as it cannot serve flac files.

Treyster
09-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Make sure you are selecting the server as Asset UPnP: [computer name] not the Windows Media Player server, as it cannot serve flac files.

The Onkyo receiver does not see Asset UPnP: TREY
It sees Media player (TREY: Windows Media Player 12) and 2 DirecTV receivers which are also being shared through the Windows 7 PC.

Treyster
09-26-2010, 09:31 AM
OK - after a bit of a struggle, several reboots of both the Onkyo receiver and the Windows 7 PC, Asset uPnP is visible to the receiver and it plays FLAC files from my library.

WooHoo!

Thanks SPOON!

BTW, It only worked once I changed FLAC back to "as is" in advanced configuration.