PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting AMG to work in Batch Ripper

riptastic
09-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I am currently trialling the software, but am having some real difficulty getting AMG to work with batch ripper; currently it does seem to want to use it as one of the lookup databases.

I have gone through the forums but still haven't found an answer so I was hoping someone could help.

The things I have tried so far:
* made sure that the allow dbpoweramp to access internet box is click in the dBpoweramp config
* I have made sure that AMG is selected in the Meta Providers menu
* I have tried turning off my firewall completely (exiting, not just disabling it). This is Trend Microsystem

The AMG lookups still says 400 lookups remaining, and when trying to rip using AMG as the sole meta data provider it only comes up with the message "no meta data available" and the cd is rejected. AMG works fine in CD Ripper, so really am stuck on what might be causing the problem. Does anyone have any ideas??? I have spent ages trying to figure this out

Spoon
09-25-2010, 03:59 PM
maybe install Wireshark and capture the network packets, look at CD ripper with just AMG then look at batch ripper. It might show what is going on.

journeyman
10-26-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm also having a problem. CD Ripper has no problem getting metadata and album art and it's being sourced from AMG, GD3, MusicBrainz and FreeDB. So getting a connection to their servers is not an issue.

The same album in Batch Ripper gets metadata only from MusicBrainz and FreeDB - nothing from AMG or GD3.

This is a brand new download of Batch Ripper today and I have a registered copy of dBpoweramp Reference R14 purchased about a week ago.

The Meta Providers options are set to ALL active providers and including Intelligent Meta. AMG has 400 (non-commercial) lookups remaining. The User Name/Password fields for AMG are currently blank which I understand is correct until I run out of free lookups - correct?

Hopefully this is just a configuration issue but based on everything I've seen in the forum I have no idea what it might be so any help would be appreciated.

The whole reason for buying dbPoweramp was to re-rip a very large collection in batch mode. And yes, I know that after 400 lookups I'll have to buy more lookups from AMG but at the moment I'd just like to get one to properly work in Batch Ripper.

Thanks in advance.

Spoon
10-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Blank user name is correct for AMG on trial yes. Try installing Wireshark and see if AMG is being looked up at all in Batch Ripper.

journeyman
10-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Spoon:
I've installed Wireshark and have run two tests.

The first, only freedb is selected as a meta supplier. It works and in Wireshark I found what I "think" is the relevant TCP traffic between them at 195.214.216.38 to my computer.

However when I select only AMG as a meta source it fails right away (reject 1: no meta data) and I don't see anything that looks like outgoing traffic to an IP address.

There is SSDP protocol traffic to a destination called ff02::c as follows:

Frame 6: 208 bytes on wire (1664 bits), 208 bytes captured (1664 bits)
Ethernet II, Src: HonHaiPr_69:5e:1e (00:22:68:69:5e:1e), Dst: IPv6mcast_00:00:00:0c (33:33:00:00:00:0c)
Internet Protocol Version 6, Src: fe80::6092:5d63:58bf:1385 (fe80::6092:5d63:58bf:1385), Dst: ff02::c (ff02::c)
User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: 57851 (57851), Dst Port: ssdp (1900)
Hypertext Transfer Protocol
M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1\r\n
Host:[FF02::C]:1900\r\n
ST:urn:Microsoft Windows Peer Name Resolution Protocol: V4:IPV6:LinkLocal\r\n
Man:"ssdp:discover"\r\n
MX:3\r\n
\r\n

To be honest I'm not totally sure what I should be looking for but I'm getting the impression that I simply never make the conection to AMG. Is there a specific protocol batch ripper uses to connect to AMG I should focus on?

If it helps:
- Windows 7 64 bit
- no proxy server
- accessing from Canada (surely AMG doesn't block foreign IP addresses?)
- behind a Linksys router

Spoon
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
If you wireshark just AMG in CD Ripper it will show what it should look like (it is all TCP).

journeyman
10-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Spoon:
As suggested, I ran Wireshark with CD Ripper set to only query AMG and there is TCP traffic to IP 64.92.236.52 which resolves to Macrovision/Allmusic. Plus a DNS request to my DNS provider (OpenDNS) to resolve image.gslb.allmusic.com

The same query via Batch ripper fails almost instantaneously and the Wireshark capture shows shows nothing at all similar and no TCP or DNS requests.

From what I can tell, Batch Ripper doesn't even try to connect to 64.92.236.52 or to send out a request to OpenDNS to get an IP address for AMG.

I also tried uninstalling Batch Ripper, downloading a new copy and reinstalling it - no change.

Hope this gives you some clues. I appreciate your quick responses.

Spoon
10-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Try running batch ripper in an account with admin access rights.

journeyman
10-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Spoon:

The account I am using has admin privileges but to be safe I've also used the Windows 7 "Run as administrator" option.

Also, I tried creating a specific Windows firewall rule for batch ripper.

Nothing has worked so far.

journeyman
10-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Oh yes - I also just temporarily removed my firewall/router and changed my DNS provider on the chance one or the other might be involved.

Batch ripper still not querying AMG

rudolffischer
10-30-2010, 04:09 AM
Same problem here. Other Metadata sources show up in batch ripper, but AMG remains blank. AMG works fine in (single) cd ripper.

journeyman
11-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Spoon:

It's been about a week - any progress on a solution?

FWIW - I also tried disabling Microsoft Security Essentials, plus uninstalling dbPoweramp and batch ripper and then reinstalling.

Batch ripper still refuses to connect to AMG.

w0067814
11-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Spoon,

As I stated on my other thread regarding robot scheduling, I have also suffered problems with album art missing in batch ripper.

Reading this thread I have checked my wireshark logs in both batch ripper and the standard cd ripper. When running batch ripper I deselected all but one of the meta sources. When either AMG or GD3 are selected as the only source the lookup fails instantly and there is no data sent (and I mean, not a single byte on the wire!), however when other sources such as freedb are selected there is all the usuall chatter I would expect to see.

When repeating the process in standard cd ripper, the lookups are all present and correct, even for just AMG, or GD3. I suspect this is something to do with the username / password authectication code. When putting a username & password into the fields, I see that the authentication fails (not registered, random user / pass), so the lookup to your server is working, but nothing when the fields are blank (understandably).

Please clarify something for me to make sure I'm not missing the point. Does the batch ripper work with AMG / GD3 within the trial period of dbpoweramp, or does it only work if you have registered the product (and thus presumably received AMG login details)? If this is the case, it would explain why there is no comms without a valid login details, but I would like to trial the software first.

As an aside for anyone reading this: the login details are sent plain text, so don't use any security sensitive username & password combinations!

-Tim

Spoon
11-04-2010, 05:12 PM
GD3 never works for the trial, only AMG. AMG will only work if Reference is registered (for Batch Ripper in trial).

journeyman
11-04-2010, 08:01 PM
In case my previous comments were unclear, I AM using a registered version of dBpoweramp and batch ripper acts exactly as described by Tim:

When either AMG or GD3 are selected as the only source the lookup fails instantly and there is no data sent (and I mean, not a single byte on the wire!), however when other sources such as freedb are selected there is all the usuall chatter I would expect to see.

So this is not an issue that is unique to the trial mode of the software.

Spoon
11-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Does look like a bug, I assumed freedb was checked also.

journeyman
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Spoon:

If freedb is the only meta provider set in batch ripper, the search succeeds and of course wireshark shows the appropriate traffic.

If freedb and AMG are both selected, metadata is retrieved from freedb but as usual, there is absolutely no traffic to AMG seen in Wireshark at all.

w0067814
11-07-2010, 02:52 PM
OK, I have a registered version too now, and the problem still exists on my machine too, so certainly looks like a genuine bug, and not a given installation.

Situation:
1) Fresh installation of Windows XP Pro, SP2.
2) Installed dmc trial version, batch ripper, FLAC, Vorbis codecs.
<Problem occurs, explained by unregistered dmc>
3) Registered, and downloaded dmc registered version. (this is considerably larger download than trial. why?)
4) Un-installed dmc trial.
5) Installed registered version.
<problem still occurs>

Spoon, are you able to recreate the problem in your lab?

-Tim

Spoon
11-12-2010, 04:22 AM
It will be a while before we can test for this.

journeyman
11-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Spoon:

I hope it won't be too long before you can resolve this.

The primary reason I bought dBpoweramp (and two extra CD/DVD drives) was for the batch ripping capability and until this problem is resolved I am dead in the water.

Hopefully it will be a simple fix.

tenorman
11-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I am also having the same problem. When I tried using the free trial lookups the batch ripper did not pull any data from AMG. Figuring I had nothing to loose I purchased 500 lookups and after filling in my credentials the batch ripper started pulling data from AMG. When I remove my credentials it goes back to saying I have 400 lookups available but does not pull any data.

journeyman
11-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Bump

vta
11-22-2010, 04:06 PM
This is all a bit over my head (technically). BUT I think my problem might be related:

---
Rips in CD Ripper work fine: Artwork is present.

Rips with Batch Ripper I am having an issue: Artwork is NOT present.
---

Cheers,

Adam

journeyman
11-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Adam - it's a simple test. In Batch Ripper click on the Meta icon in the menu and deselect all active providers except AMG.

Then test rip a CD. If it instantly rejects (no meta data), then you have the same problem that others in this thread are experiencing.

vta
11-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Adam - it's a simple test. In Batch Ripper click on the Meta icon in the menu and deselect all active providers except AMG.

Then test rip a CD. If it instantly rejects (no meta data), then you have the same problem that others in this thread are experiencing.

Yup, ejects (no meta data). I am in same boat.

Adam

jbryngelson
11-28-2010, 09:09 AM
So if I understand this correctly, Batch Ripper has been out for a couple years? How did previous users get album art? I just bought the software and tried two batches (3cds then 70) only to be stuck without any album art using the standard defaults once the software is installed.

Hmmm How do I get FreeDB to give me album art, or is there little/no album art out of this service?

vta
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM
So if I understand this correctly, Batch Ripper has been out for a couple years? How did previous users get album art? I just bought the software and tried two batches (3cds then 70) only to be stuck without any album art using the standard defaults once the software is installed.

Hmmm How do I get FreeDB to give me album art, or is there little/no album art out of this service?

Hi jbryngelson,

I am new to dbpoweramp. I have found it excellent at finding album art. I did not have as much luck with freedb.

This thread is in regards to a found bug (think I am correct in stating that) with the most current version of 'Batch Ripper' not querying AMG (and thus not pulling artwork when used). Previous versions I am guessing did not have this bug.

Cheers,

Adam

Spoon
11-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Freedb never has artwork. The bug in Batch Ripper only relates to the free lookups, it will lookup AMG with commercial lookups. This issue will be looked at asap.

Spoon
12-03-2010, 05:59 PM
This update should fix:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=105697*blooper*post105697

journeyman
12-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Spoon:

Congratulations - your fix works and AMG is being queried.

Thanks for resolving the problem. A pleasure doing business with you.

jbryngelson
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I will give this a try tonight. I just loaded up my changer, and ripped without album art on the previous version, so it will be no big deal to run it again with this version.

THANKS SPOON!

I will report back when done.

jbryngelson
12-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I installed the update, but now it appears I do not have Batch Ripping capabilities... I am sure it is something simple, but the program is no longer in my program files! Suggestions?

UPDATE: I did an uninstall, went to the registration page, retrieved my registration and download, and reinstalled. STILL NO BATCH RIPPER?

What am I doing wrong??

CD Ripper and Batch Converter are installed, but I am not able to get to a batch ripper program.

Spoon
12-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Install from here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=22560

journeyman
12-27-2010, 05:18 PM
I've been successfully running the patched Batch Ripper supplied by Spoon above and have now used up my 400 free AMG lookups and have purchased 500 new lookups from AMG.

Here's the problem - when I try to apply the lookups to my account using the link supplied by email, I get Error: Username not recognized even though I can use the exact same Username(which is my email address) to see my account details on the dbPoweramp site.

When I follow the suggestion to look in Batch Ripper >> Meta >> 'Purchase' next to AMG, NO user name is shown.

What am I doing wrong?

Spoon
12-28-2010, 04:55 AM
The two are not related, you have to create a new account from within the batch ripper.

journeyman
12-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks Spoon.

However when I try to create an AMG commercial account in Batch Ripper (Meta>>AMG>>Purchase>>Create New Account, I get the following error: Unable to contact reg.dbpoweramp.com, please check internet connection

So until I can create the account, I can't add the AMG lookups I just purchased.

(Needless to say, my internet connection is working just fine)

Spoon
12-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Try as a test disabling your security software (firewall) as this could be blocking it.

journeyman
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
It's the Windows 7 (64 bit) Firewall - turned it off - no effect - same error message.

I'm running the updated version of batch ripper from

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...per*post105697

that you created to resolve the original AMG issue in this thread if that's relevant.

Spoon
12-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Was a bug, now fixed:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=22560

journeyman
12-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Spoon - what can I say? You Da Man!

Worked like a charm.

Thanks.