PDA

View Full Version : hardware recomendation

dmw01
09-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a large library that I have to re-rip (I hate lightning). I'm looking for something a bit more bulk oriented than 1 by 1. I would still like to rip with accrurate rip and flac if at all possible, but lossless is required. I have dbpoweramp reference already.

I'd like to not spend a few thousand US, too.

I have enough storage space that I do not want to leave the CDs in there and I don't mind refilling the unit several times to rip about 1,000 CDs either.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!!

Spoon
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
For 1000 CDs you could get away with a single drive, or 2 drives if you want to speed it up. Any of the new Primera range would do.

dmw01
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
That's what has me confused. It seems that most of these are designed to write disks more than read them. I don't want to write or print anything.

One drive is certainly fine - I'm not to particular on how long it takes, it is mainly the thought of switching a disk every minute or so for the next several months that has me down.

So were you referring to the "bravo" line?

Spoon
09-11-2010, 05:35 PM
A bravo SE is the entry (printing and writing can be ignored, consider it a bonus if you need to write any discs with labels), takes 25 discs which is good for about 2 hours of ripping between reload.

dmw01
09-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks!! Really new to this kind of device and this will certainly help get me started.

I'm also seeing a lot of Bravo and Bravo II units used on ebay. With the kiosk attachment for another $40 these seem like a pretty good option for my limited use case of only ripping. Please let me know if this is a bad idea and I've overlooked something.

Spoon
09-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Not a bad idea, you might have to replace the dvd drive, but they are cheap.

dmw01
09-25-2010, 01:20 PM
In case someone else reads this - the bravo (one) is NOT supported, apparently. At least that is what another thread has stated. Too bad that thread didn't exist when I asked this - would have saved me some cash.