PDA

View Full Version : New to dBPoweramp & Batch Ripper

alka-seltzer
09-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Hi,

I've just purchased dBpoweramp Reference and would like to use Batch Ripper.

I have a couple of questions however, and am sure it's just worked out in setup, but can't figure it out...

1. MetaData for compilation and multi albums seems fine in CD ripper, but not in Batch Ripper - The Wall is seen as 'The Wall, Disc 1' & 'The Wall, Disc 2' in CD ripper, but just 'The Wall' in Batch Ripper, which dumps all tracks from track 1 in the same folder, so there are 2 instances of the same track number.

Another example is Ministry of Sound's 'Chilled' 3 disc compilation - exactly the same as above happens...

2. I would also like batch rip to start automatically when I insert a disc - surely this must be possible.

Basically I've got an old machine that I'd like to stick under the stairs and use as a ripping and storage device without the use of a monitor or any interaction - switch it on and it's ready to go to just load discs into.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Thg6276
09-09-2010, 11:49 AM
2. I would also like batch rip to start automatically when I insert a disc - surely this must be possible. ---> possible only with Batch Ripper

Spoon
09-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Also Batch Ripper does not lookup with GD3 unless lookups are purchased from gd3, perhaps this accounts for the metadata differences.

alka-seltzer
09-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the answer, so why doesn't GD3 work then in Batch Ripper, seeing as I've purchased Reference?

If it doesn't work, then can I enable autoripping in CD Ripper?

Basically I want my own Ripnas-alike!

Thanks,

Nick

Spoon
09-13-2010, 03:13 AM
It is not allowed by GD3, any automated ripping GD3 insists that the commercial pay-per-lookup is used, we have to follow their rules.

alka-seltzer
09-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks Spoon,

Could I automate CD Ripper to do what I want?

How does a Ripnas cope with the metadata then? I saw one and that's why I want to build my own!

Thanks again,

Nick

Spoon
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
The ripnas has a special negotiated license with AMG and GD3 because there is no screen attached to the system.

It is not possible to automate CD ripper (we could do so, but would have to remove the metadata, so you would still have the same as batch ripper).

alka-seltzer
09-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks Spoon,

Answers the question - buy a ripnas...

Cheers,

Nick