PDA

View Full Version : Primera picking multiple discs

jhoneyball
08-24-2010, 06:50 AM
I have a new primera disk publisher prol Xi2 which i am using with the batgch ripper.

mostly works just fine. Sometimes however, it picks up a disc, puts it in the tray, then goes and gets another disc and loads the tray. Repeat until large pile of CDs on the tray.

Looks like a bug?

jon

Spoon
08-24-2010, 07:02 AM
How often does this occur?

I take it the tray never closes, between loading (when it is going wrong).

How does the problem correct its self? you have to turn the unit off? I am guessing that the DVD drive has stopped responding to control. When it is in this state, remove the discs, stop batch ripper, manually close the tray (push it), then from Windows explorer right click on the CD drive >> Eject, does it open the tray?

jhoneyball
08-26-2010, 12:41 PM
How often does this occur?

I take it the tray never closes, between loading (when it is going wrong).

How does the problem correct its self? you have to turn the unit off? I am guessing that the DVD drive has stopped responding to control. When it is in this state, remove the discs, stop batch ripper, manually close the tray (push it), then from Windows explorer right click on the CD drive >> Eject, does it open the tray?

Yes, the tray never closes. I open the lid, remove the pile of discs, put one onto the open tray and manually close it. This is then ripped with no issues. I put the pile back into the input tray and they normally work fine

It doesnt happen often -- maybe once every two sets of 50 inputs. It might be caused by some discs being slightly sticky or a close air seal, so two get picked up at once? I think the robot arm goes back to the input spindle and measures the pile height, but maybe it decides that a disc wasnt taken?

Spoon
08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
>It might be caused by some discs being slightly sticky or a close air seal, so two get picked up at once?

Seems this is the most likely condition, I will run this specific test on our Primera.

elfman12
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm having the same issues. It's not "stuck" discs, since I watch the robot pick a disc, put it into the bottom tray, then grab another and place it on top. I've had to clear jams of 4-disc in the bottom try 3 times and the top tray once. (the top tray was jammed closed so I had to shut the unit off and restart the batch).
I am using R3 and R1.4, and a BravoPro Disckpublisher that just came back from Primera repair, where it was calibrated and tuned-up. Running on Windows 7x64.
Let me know if I need to test anything, I'd like to figure this thing out.
Thanks!

Spoon
07-26-2011, 06:09 PM
You have Unconfigured the robot then reconfigured in batch ripper? this is so the latest R3 settings can apply (which would force an unload before a reload).

elfman12
07-26-2011, 09:27 PM
I'll give that a try. I will test more then. thanks!

elfman12
07-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Nope, worked well though about 15 discs between the 2 drives, then stacked 12 (!) onto the lower tray. It's starting to scuff up discs and stressing the tray... not good.

All software is current now, and ripping is going ok when discs actually get in there.
Anything I can try? Debug mode?

Spoon
07-27-2011, 04:02 AM
When it puts multiple discs in the tray, did it try to close the draw?

Try using just one drive as a test.

elfman12
07-27-2011, 12:01 PM
I tried 1 drive, (the top) and it worked fine for 10 discs or so (a couple took awhile with slight scratches).
When it first messed up, it had locked 4 discs in top drive, so it did "try" to close the door. The last few times, they just stack up on the lower tray, but I don't think it has tried to close.
I have the most current firmware on this Primera unit, I wonder if they've changed their instruction sets?

elfman12
07-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I've checked the box for unloading them in order on multiple drives, and it seems to be going more smoothly now (though about 25 discs). I'll keep watching it!

donaabo
02-20-2012, 12:10 AM
I've checked the box for unloading them in order on multiple drives, and it seems to be going more smoothly now (though about 25 discs). I'll keep watching it!

Was this issue ever resolved? I am working from a Primera BravoProXi with Batch-ripper and "Primera" settings (I think... it was slightly buggy), and the reader-tray categorically refuses to load after receiving a new CD from the robot arm.
I am currently forced to 'force' the tray by pushing it after each CD has been dropped - which takes a big chunk of the automation out of the project ;oS
Any further insights on this one?
T

Spoon
02-20-2012, 04:22 AM
Try doing the testing of the load and unload methods in Batch Ripper Configuration.