PDA

View Full Version : free form search possible?

7ryder
08-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi Spoon -
I am a beta tester for PS Audio's PerfectWave Dac/Bridge and their new app tagNplay. I also have a Linn Akurate DS that I control with ChorusDSHD. I am using the latest beta of Asset UPnP on my WHS.

In ChorusDSHD there is a free form search window that I can use, for example, if I click on album artist and then "all album artists", I can type in an artist and see all albums tagged that way. Same goes for "tracks", "artist", etc...keyword search works if I click on the "all option"

I also get the option of the "Advanced Search" items (album by release, album by artist, compilation, etc.)

With tagNplay, I have the "advanced search" items, but not the ability to do a similar free form search as I can on ChorusDSHD.

PSA is saying that this is a limitation of Asset UPnP, which seems weird to me since I can do this search with ChorusDSHD.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

ChrisG
Seattle, WA

Spoon
08-03-2010, 04:01 PM
There are different ways of doing search, Chorus must be reading all the entries and doing the search its self, whilst PSA must be doing a UPnP Search which as they correctly state is not currently implemented in Asset.