PDA

View Full Version : first post ...

eness
07-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Hi there!

This is my first post and at this stage Asset is unknown to me!

However, having read somewhere that Asset UPnP was the best audio streamer around, I have done my preliminary planning by reading some of the posts in this forum.

I have an HP MediaSmart Server servicing the house (8 zones) and have sccessfully completed the movies setup (PopCorn Hour A200 streamer); (YAMJ and YAMFOE for menuing). Cat6 throughout with an HP ProCurve Gigabit switch in the hub.

Now, I intend to use Asset V3.0 on the HP Server to serve music to all zones and was wondering if anyone had already developed a foolproof process for this server. I want each zone resident to be able to select whatever genre of music they like and have it streamed into their zone.

Selfishly, I want to minimise the frustration expressed in some of the posts on this forum.

Will Asset V3.0 work for me: automatic catalogues? HD streaming to multiple zones?; remote access?; Internet radio?; Grooveshark? ... and any other features recommended.

I hope this is clear enough ... don't really speak 'audio' ... so I'll try my best.

Help and advice most appreciated. Will post back my experiences!

Regards
Eness