PDA

View Full Version : recently added albums

Oblomov
07-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi,

I have a lot of old untagged mp3s on the hard drive that I'll subsequently tag and then transfer to my homeserver. But these files do not show up in asset as "recently added albums", because the file date is an old one. Is there any way to show "recently added or changed" albums? That means, I want to list the last changed albums. (Last changed date instead of date of creation).

Best regards

Oblomov

Spoon
07-20-2010, 04:30 AM
There might be a utility to update the date on the files. The reason last modified is not used is because certain players will update a play count to the id tag, so those files would always appear as new.

Oblomov
07-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Hi Spoon,

thank you for your fast reply.

But isn't it possible to include it as an additional option in the browse tree to have "recently changed"? I think, that would mean a little more programming, but seems not impossible to me - in the humble opinion of a non-programmer ;-). Maybe something for the roadmap?

There might be programms to change the date - but that would be an additional workstep after tagging - and that is a very boring work....
But I'll consider it, if there is no other solution on the way.

Spoon
07-20-2010, 08:50 AM
I am all for workable option, but IMHO the options section is getting too many options.

Oblomov
07-21-2010, 03:48 AM
I think, there can't be enough options. There are other options in the browse tree (e.g. bitrate) that I never use, but they don't trouble me. An additional "recently changed" would be great. Oh - come on, Spoon - please consider it.:smile2:

But thank you anyway for this great programm. This and Subsonic are my daily aural bread.

MartinP
11-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Hi Spoon,

as mentioned before I would like to browse albums recently added, too.

It's my favourit filter in foobar2000 (with its own library), because I often have no time for listening just added new music - and my wife puts new CDs after buying into our CD-board, where I never ever find them ...

Hopefully

Martin