PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Oppo streaming

Blue Dude
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm using Asset v3 beta to stream FLAC files (tagged with OGG tags), transcoded to LPCM, to an Oppo BDP-80. I have no problem getting the files to play, but the dynamic playlist is created in the wrong order. All the track 1's are listed first, then the track 2's, etc. This is true even with "Show as [disc][track][title]" selected. Static playlists are OK.

Play, FF/rew, pause, stop, and time seek are all fine. Gapless playback would be a real plus, but I know that's hard to implement in this environment.

Metadata doesn't seem to come across very well. I can view the track and title information in the listing, but when the now playing screen comes up, only the title at the top of the screen is shown. The metadata block with title(again), artist, album, and genre are empty. Also, the title often has spurious characters appended to the end. They don't appear on the playlist.

Thanks for any help! Getting the sort problem worked out would make Asset usable for multidisc playback. The other items are just (slightly) annoying.

Spoon
06-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Which dynamic playlist?

Blue Dude
06-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Well, I might have the terminology wrong. I mean the playlist that's generated when you browse to album, composer, etc. and begin playback. The tracks are not listed by disc, then track, but by track only.

For troubleshooting purposes, I have only a single folder specified for music files. So when I browse for album, composer, etc, only that single album is listed. Within that album, the tracks are out of order.

Spoon
06-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Have you tried Asset Control (in the beta section of this forum)? just to browse the Asset tree to see what it appears like in that? (you will not be able to control the Oppo with it though).

Blue Dude
06-30-2010, 08:00 PM
It lists the same way with Asset Control, i.e. in track order vs. disc order.

Spoon
07-01-2010, 03:38 AM
How are your discs labeled in the tags? For FLAC it should be:

1/3

or

2/2

JoeBroesel
07-01-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi,
this sounds like my Shostakovich problem:

http://www.jodoin.de/images/s14.jpg

Who would like to listen to the movementes of a symphony in the wrong order?

(Asset V3 Beta)

Greetings from Bavaria to whereever you are
from J.

Blue Dude
07-01-2010, 04:48 AM
How are your discs labeled in the tags? For FLAC it should be:

1/3

or

2/2

This is perhaps the problem. My files are using a separate tag for disc and track, not disc/track. In the numbering schemes I've come across, x/y implies track x of y, not disc x, track y. I don't recall ever seeing the latter case, to be honest. What are the chances that Asset could use the disc tag if present before breaking down the track tag?

Spoon
07-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Joe,

Is that KinskyDesktop?

Spoon
07-01-2010, 04:56 AM
The disc number should be separate from track, you are using FLAC? if so the internal tags should be:

TRACKNUMBER=9
TOTALTRACKS=10
DISCNUMBER=1
TOTALDISCS=2

Blue Dude
07-01-2010, 05:01 AM
I am confused then.

For disc 2, track 9, I am using:
DISCNUMBER=2
TRACKNUMBER=09

I don't use TOTALTRACKS or TOTALDISCS.

The other relevant tags I'm using are: ALBUM, ARTIST, GENRE, and TITLE. I also have a few other tags, such as replaygain info, but I don't plan to use them here.

Spoon
07-01-2010, 05:37 AM
They have to be used otherwise disc 1 would not be known as part of a multi disc set.

Blue Dude
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
They have to be used otherwise disc 1 would not be known as part of a multi disc set.

I think it's safe to assume that if the DISCNUMBER tag is present, the track is part of a multi disc set. Even if that's not a good assumption, Asset would sort based on DISCNUMBER, even if that number is the same for each track in the entire folder, then by TRACKNUMBER. Asset would run out of tracks before iterating to the next DISCNUMBER, but so what? It would still be correct behavior. It would also permit sorting partial album sets and work with the tracks that are actually present instead of assuming that the entire album set is present. Why are TOTALTRACKS and TOTALDISCS required to sort files?

Spoon
07-01-2010, 04:05 PM
TotalTracks is not used, it makes no difference, but TotalDiscs is needed.

Blue Dude
07-01-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm just trying to come up with a way to avoid retagging all my multi disc collections - if I even have a program that will place that tag. Could not the sort algorithm make the assumption that the largest value of DISCNUMBER of a given album in the folder is the same as TOTALDISCS, in the absence of the TOTALDISCS tag? The files should sort the same way regardless of knowing TOTALDISCS from the outset.

JoeBroesel
07-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Joe,

Is that KinskyDesktop?

Yes. It's a bit tricky, to make a screenshot of Kinksy Desktop, but it works, once you find out, how to do it.

Spoon
07-02-2010, 04:49 AM
There was an older version of Asset v3 beta which did not sort these correctly, but the latest should do, so uninstall the old beta and install latest.

Blue Dude
07-02-2010, 09:30 AM
I take it you won't be able to modify the sort algorithm with a derived value for TOTALDISCS if the tag isn't present? Too bad.

If you can't do that, what about making playlist folder assignments recursive? I already have correctly sorted m3u playlists but it's cumbersome to designate each folder as a playlist folder.

Any ideas about the weird characters at the end of track titles?

JoeBroesel
07-02-2010, 09:57 AM
There was an older version of Asset v3 beta which did not sort these correctly, but the latest should do, so uninstall the old beta and install latest.

Hi,
with the beta from today the problem is not solved.

J.

Spoon
07-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Joe,

Which version of Windows is Asset Running on? (I will ask you to send me your database so I can recreate).

Blue Dude
07-07-2010, 10:54 PM
OK, so I retagged some multi disc albums with the TOTALDISCS tag. And it still doesn't seem to work correctly. If I choose the "show as Album, disc x" option, it does correctly distinguish each disc as a separate album, but I don't want to break out each disc as a separate album. Each disc is from the same album and tagged that way. I would like to list the album in disc order: disc 1, track 1; disc 1, track 2; ...; disc 2, track 1; etc. Instead, it lists disc 1, track 1; disc 2, track 1; disc 1, track 2; etc. The list order is not affected by the "show as [disc][track][title]" setting.

And yes, Asset Control lists them the same way, so it's not an Oppo thing. Can you help?

JoeBroesel
07-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Joe,

Which version of Windows is Asset Running on? (I will ask you to send me your database so I can recreate).

Hi Spoon,
Windows Home Server, SP2 on a Fujitsu Scaleo, the newest Beta, and a deleted and freshly built uMediaLibrary.
The problem persists (browse by folder).

Spoon
07-20-2010, 05:58 AM
Joe,

The problem (I think) is because you are using folder and filename browsing, folders are not albums (even though you are using a folder to contain an album), as such KD has no conception of the tracks being an album and using the track number. The track names are taken from the filename.

Spoon
07-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Blue,

Just tried in the latest Asset V3 and it seems to correctly put Disc. Track Title if that option is selected in the configuration.