PDA

View Full Version : Filenames when batch coverting

planetbass
06-18-2010, 04:39 AM
I've recently rediscovered the joys of dBpoweramp both as a ripper and convertor - and I love the fact that it can make use of a dual-core processor.

When I rip, I use this naming system and it gives me what I want 95% of the time or more.

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[track][] - [title]

If I try to use the default naming setup or the one here when converting, it works fine for albums by individual artists but when it comes to compilations, I get a separate folder for each artist on a compilation - not what I'm after.

To try and have all my MP3's on my laptop and stream them wirelessly, I'm trying to convert them from 320 kbps CBR to 'standard'/V2 VBR and I'd really appreciate anyone's help if you can tell me a naming setting for conversions that would (ideally) work for both single-artist and compilation albums.

The souce MP3's were ripped using EAC and LAME 3.98 if that is of any relevance.

Help guys!!! :(

Many thanks...

Spoon
06-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Your compilations have a compilation tag set?