PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem with Album Art

DongaTon
06-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi guys,

I've got a strange issue with album art. On a few albums, I have noticed it is different album art from the one that I've copied and pasted into the ripping software?

I was checking through and it isn't the album art I retrieved myself? Weirdly though, it doesn't even seem to be the album art that the CD Ripper suggested either!?!

I will have a look but don't know why this is happening. It's only on a few albums, but strange.

Spoon
06-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Perhaps Windows Media Player is replacing the art?

DongaTon
06-05-2010, 09:35 AM
That's possible once I put it into windows folders? I NEVER use WMP though?

Odd, and really annoying. Even the jpeg in the folders change, though I def go to google images and get a good quality cover that I want, odd.

Spoon
06-05-2010, 09:45 AM
If you show hidden files in Windows Explorer, if WMP is doing its work then it will leave multiple hidden art files with strange letters in the name.

DongaTon
06-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks Spoon, I'll look into this, cheers.

eaglescout1998
06-14-2010, 12:57 PM
I have noticed that if you upload your own album art and then press Ctrl+M to edit the Meta Data, if you press the AMG or GD3 buttons, your album art gets replaced with theirs.

DongaTon
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Damn, is that what is happening eaglescout!?!?!

NOT HAPPY! :(

I think I can maybe use mp3tag editor to sort this out, not sure how to use it, but will try.

This is VERY important to me as I use the Apple TV, I need a high res cover art file, as it'll be on a 40 inch tv screen, and will be inlated even further during the "screensaver" where all the different album covers come up.

Low res is so ugly, even worse when it is replaced with something completely wrong, ie with what has just happened with Pearl Jam's "Ten", urghhhh!!!

Can this be changed? What if I edit meta data first, then paste the new art?

It doesn't change when you choose their data.

Greg

Spoon
06-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Yes edit the data first then change the art work.

DongaTon
06-14-2010, 04:17 PM
A lesson learned! Thanks all.