PDA

View Full Version : Problem with FLAC conversion

na641
05-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Recently reinstalled windows (7 64bit) and installed dMC. For some reason it won't allow me to convert from FLAC to any other format. It throws an unintelligble error every time.

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\codanostra\Downloads\Cell - Hanging Masses (2009)\02 - Switch Off (featuring Aes Dana).flac' to 'C:\Users\codanostra\Desktop\02 - Switch Off (featuring Aes Dana).mp3'
Lame Encoder: Error Converting from 'Format Tag: 1 Channels: 0 Bits per Sample: 0 Samples Per Second: 0 Bytes Per Second: 1 Block Align: 1 CB Size: 0' to 'Format Tag: 1 Channels: 0 Bits per Sample: 0 Samples Per Second: 8000 Bytes Per Second: 0 Block Align: 0 CB Size: 0'

this is the error i get no matter which flac file i am trying to convert to mp3. i get a similar error when trying to convert from flac to alac.

Error converting to Apple Lossless, 'C:\Users\codanostra\Downloads\Cell - Hanging Masses (2009)\02 - Switch Off (featuring Aes Dana).flac' to 'C:\Users\codanostra\Downloads\Cell - Hanging Masses (2009)\02 - Switch Off (featuring Aes Dana).m4a'
Error Apple Lossless accepts only 16 / 24 bit, mono or stereo. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

i am running 13.5 ref

I have used dmc on this machine before, running the same os so i'm not sure what the issue could be. i can convert from mp3/alac to flac no problem.

Spoon
06-01-2010, 05:29 AM
Try ripping a CD to FLAC, then see if the flac file can be converted to mp3. Looking at the error the fault is with your FLAC files (at least dbpoweramp cannot read the settings for the file).