PDA

View Full Version : Batch Ripper hangs at startup - How do I get BatchRipper to actually RUN?????

milosz
05-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I am using Windows 7 -64 bit. Have Illustrate's REFERENCE package. Batch ripper worked last time I used it, 3 weeks ago. Today I started Batch Ripper and the window opened - empty of anything except the REFRESH icon- and the little Windows "wait a minute" wheel is spinning. 20 minutes goes by, still spinning blue wheel. This is version 1.0. SO I notice there is a now a version 1.3. I uninstall Version 1.0 and install version 1.3. Reboot. (Ran the Installer as ADMINISTRATOR)

NOTE1 No shortcut is created in my Start Menu by the version 1.3 installer.
NOTE2 BATCH RIPPER does NOT start at the end of the installation process in order to configure it.

I navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper.exe and start it, same thing: the window opened - empty of anything except the REFRESH icon- and the little Windows "wait a minute" wheel is spinning. 20 minutes goes by, still spinning blue wheel.

So I uninstall Batch Ripper again, reboot, then change compatibility for the installer, "dBpoweramp-Batch-Ripper.exe" to XP-SP2 mode. Run it as ADMINISTRATOR.

NOTE1 No shortcut is created in my Start Menu by the installer.
NOTE2 BATCH RIPPER does NOT start at the end of the installation process in order to configure it.

I navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper.exe and start it, same thing: the window opened - empty of anything except the REFRESH icon- and the little Windows "wait a minute" wheel is spinning. 20 minutes goes by, still spinning blue wheel.

Then I change the compatibility of C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper.exe to "XP SP2" and run it as ADMINISTRATOR - same hang -he window opened - empty of anything except the REFRESH icon- and the little Windows "wait a minute" wheel is spinning. 20 minutes goes by, still spinning blue wheel.

HOW DO I GET THIS SOFTWARE TO RUN???? It USED to run.

How do I get BatchRipper to actually RUN?????

milosz
05-31-2010, 06:03 PM
OK I waited LONGER than 20 minutes. It finally woke up. Batch Ripper drive letter changed and this spooked the Batch Ripper.

All is well now.